Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foulhook

Montauk Again!!!

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Im thinking about heading back out to montauk this comming monday through wedensday...Are the albies still all over the place? Striper fishing picked up at all? Does anyone have any advise on where i might find the least expensive lodging? I stayed at Snugg Harbor last time which was fine, just a little steep when going solo. Also if anyone is interested in fishing with me let me know. I run a twin vee baycat and with just me going ive got some room. Tight lines..Bob

Yeah i know , high winds till saturday. Unfortunatley the NOAA forecast doesnt go past sunday right now. Everything is always contingent on wind. NO FISH IN MONTAUK?? i don't know how that could be? I was there last week and it was ripping. Fish everywhere. Now there all gone? Come on now. Who is oz?

OK... newbie here and heading out to Montauk this weekend.... I am staying away from the point to avoid the crowds and will probably fish the town beaches by the hotel. Just curious.... Do these high winds predicted for this weekend pretty much negate the chances for catching anything from the surf ???? NOAA calls for 8-12 ft swells .. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Hey jmzoot,

My buddy Al caught a 78.8 lb striper in weather much worse than what they are calling for this weekend. The winds more effect us guys in boats. Especially if its a North blow..No place to launch on the south side till you get to Shinnecock...Did get a striper in Shinnecock just over 35lbs last week though. .. Hey chicky, i did see that thread...Man im glad i own a boat is all i have to say....Good luck to you jmzoot...hope you get em...and from the looks of those pictures you might want to where some shoulder pads if your fishing from shore on the weekend there...tight lines...Bob

Hey Jmzoot,

PM me...i might have some advise for you since your on foot...saw some really nuts readings on the sounder last week that are easily reachable from shore..Might keep you a little more protected from the winds too..Bob

Managed 1 striper in turtle cove. Winds were pretty rough and the crowds were not too bad... Only saw 1 blitz by north bar but it was out of casting range of most people.... Saw a few cocktail blues caught in the blitz... For the most part I didn't see anyone reel in a striped bass.... At Freddies they showed me a nice picture of a 45lb striper caught under the light on Friday evening.... Well at least I learned where to fish out in Montauk.... Good luck if you make the trip...

For the most part all people were nice out there....With the exception of the guy who worked at Johhnys bait and tackle on 27... What a $#@$%#@$ !!!! I would never give him my business.. I just walked out the door and went to Freddies!!!!

I just returned from 4 days in Montauk with disappointing results, zero stripers from the surf..

I agree with zoot about Johnnies B and T, spend your money elsewhere..

Finally, the charter boat fishing was phenomenal.

It loked like every striper was 30 lbs or more!!!!

For the most part all people were nice out there....With the exception of the guy who worked at Johhnys bait and tackle on 27... What a $#@$%#@$ !!!! I would never give him my business.. I just walked out the door and went to Freddies!!!!

Well, at least you're a fast learner icon14.gif Also, the chowder at Herb's Market or Gaviola's is better than the stuff at Gosmans. (don't ask me what that had to do with anything? redface.gif )