Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Albiemanmike

It has started

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

I'll never understand why anyone would post a report with pics of fish and say where...I just don't get it..

Fishin for stripers has never been easier and yet people still need someone to tell them exactly where they are and what to use..Lazy POS's..I AM so sick of this crap and the season hasn't even begun yet mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

First off Rich you need to take a lude to calm your mood dude smile.gif . You and I have had that discussion before Rich and I have just decided to wave the white flag and just not worry about it. I do for the record agree with you Rich even though I and you have been guilty in the past of doing the very same thing. It is however a great sight to see fish coming from "our" holes once again a new season has sprung.

Hey Brooksie,

How are you buddie?? My boat is still under wraps and will not be unwrapped for another couple of weeks. No reports of tog yet the water temps are very cold still. It is around 37-38 deg. in the sound and I think it will be a bit late this year for the tog. I am hoping for a better BR season this year. I didn't do nearly as well last year over there as I did the previous year. I have been on this site longer than the other site, alot of very good guy's here and blabbing about where and when is universally frowned upon over here. We kind of use an unwritten code here to tell each other what's up and where.

Someone is a little uptight. I belong to CTF and I love it. Don't be a basher. If you are a real fisherman you don't need to go to all of these spots. You should have your own anyways. It is good to talk about fishing and shoot the s#&t with a lot of great people. Those reports are far from putting an end to CT fishing. Give me a break. Maybe knitting will better suit you?????? moon.gif

Mike, Just not sure if you know, but on this website posting of specific spots is seriously frowned upon and part of the site owners rules. There is alot to be said for the impact the internet in general has had in the loss of fishing access. I can name a few spots in my hometown where residents have asked streets to be posted no parking due to an over flow of fisherman in a hotspot previously unknown. They made people stop crossing the railroad tracks in Enfield, imagine if that happens along the Housy. All you have to do is look at the complaints about Marker 53 and the Bpt PP on CTF to get my point.

Guess neither of you have ever pulled up to one of your favorite spots only to find out theres no spots left to park.

If you think your only helping your fellow fishing buddies out, you are sadly mistaken.

Yea I know Albie, you have a boat and fish everywhere, thats great for you, but thats not "the game" for all of us.

And Maybe you have raised the white flag and have been guilty in the past of posting "where to go" type reports Mike... But not me buddy wink.gif

If one person can explain to me how stuff like this helps out our fishery and access in a positive way, I'll let it go..

Someone is a little uptight. I belong to CTF and I love it. Don't be a basher. If you are a real fisherman you don't need to go to all of these spots. You should have your own anyways. It is good to talk about fishing and shoot the s#&t with a lot of great people. Those reports are far from putting an end to CT fishing. Give me a break. Maybe knitting will better suit you?????? moon.gif

Nice...One question, and be honest...How long have you been fishin for stripers for ?

I am sorry I came out kind of harsh. My bad, i was tired. When I post a fishing report no matter what site I am on I will just say I was out fishing (the sound, the housy, the Far Mill River) You are right and I don't give out exacts (Like next to the power lines 100yards upriver rolleyes.gif ). That is usually it except for ice fishing because ice safety comes into play so I will occasionally discuss location. I have been Striper fishing seriously for about 5 years now and I too have an absolute gold mine of a spot in the spring and I don't want it ruined. I just didn't like the lazy POS statement. No hard feelings and best of luck this year. biggrin.gif

This is one I've seen debated ad nauseam. I've been upset when a hotspot I was hitting was shared by someone I took there and the next time I went there were 6 boats there. I will usually give an area, like "a reef off Branford" or "the Thimble" area. What does piss me off is guys who lie. "We're getting nice fluke in 60' of water about a third of the way across the Sound" And then you find out they're getting them in 18' a half mile from shore! I know some guys who have been physically threatened for publicizing spots! I guess we're all better off if we don't give exact spots.

Plug/Rich:

I concur. Most of the guys on this site have put in an enormous amount of time scouting and fishing different locales only to lose these spots to lurkers not willing to put in the time and effort to find their own spots.

Dave does make a good point regarding the disclosure of specific locations as it is frowned upon by Tim. The least we can do is follow the rules. That, in itself, is the primary difference between SOL and CTF.

Just my two cents...