Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jamie M

Anyone ever make fried hot dogs like they do in Jersey?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

This summer, I was visiting family in New Jersey. They took me to a place called Rutt Hutt, or something like that, where they actually deep-fry their hot dogs. It was delicious.

I'm tailgating with some friends tomorrow, and I was planning on breaking out the turkey fryer to make some buffalo wings. And it occurred to me to maybe try to deep-fry a couple of weiners.

Has anyone ever tried this? I couldn't find any recipes on the net. Is it as simple as heating up the oil and just throwing them in there for a few minutes??

Thanks,

Jamie

Take a loaf of Pizza bread- cut it in half.

Cook the dogs, peppers, onions and potatoes in the dirty oil. Sh-mear a little mustard in the bread- cram two dogs in followed by the peppers and onions and top with the Greeezy potatoes

Enjoy!

There is a place out in Calf. All the movie stars go there. They deep-fry them. There was a TV program with the ten best places to get a hot dogs and they were one of them.

Buy the rolls that have flat sides, not the roundish ones. Butter them on both sides and brown both sides in a hot frying pan. This is the key to good dogs. You can even buy cheapies and cook them badly and they will still be the hit of your formal dinner.

This summer, I was visiting family in New Jersey. They took me to a place called Rutt Hutt, or something like that, where they actually deep-fry their hot dogs. It was delicious.

Rutt's Hut is something of a landmark in North Jersey. They've been there making deep fried hot dogs since I was a kid, and possibly long before that. And that was some years ago redface.gif

Actually they're the only place I know of up that way that does that. Don't know why, or how they do it, but yer right, they're delicious. icon14.gif

Jack

I was the hot dog cook at my church fair this year. I showed some workers how to deep fry them and they were a big hit. The oil has to be real HOT. Put frozen ff patatoes in the same oil and they come out great. Taste is not passed off among different foods

Do my beer batter fluke this way and it is outstanding

Never had fried hotdogs but my mother used to get boloney sliced a quater inch thick and fry it in a pan with fried onions and then put it all on a roll...ummm..ummm good.