Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfpirate

Montauk Closed

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

Has there been an announcement that the closure will be that long? .... if the State Parks people close down theirs, it'll be hard for Suffolk County parks to keep their parks open, especially Theodore Roossevelt (Shagwong). I wonder if they'll close Smith Point too? ..... does the particular mosquito that carries this particular encephalitis fly at night only, or is it a daytime flier?

I heard it was only closed Friday through Sunday each week until they got the bugs under control? cwm13.gif

TimS

Don't mosquitos bite Monday thru Thurs too? Some of the decisions these bureaucrats make are comical.

My limited understanding/2nd hand speculation is that whatever is closed, is closed everyday til the mosquitos die or leave, for a time period during which it is mostly dark. Which doesn't affect surfers much? Campers are affected.

Closed due to mosquitoes?

Are you kidding me? If that could cause beach closures here at AI we would be unable to use the beach most of the summer and a great deal of the fall.

Let's see what "w" words come to mind....

Wimpy, wampy, wombly, wierd, wacko, without merit, wow!

I thought you New Englanders were tough, I may have to re-evaluate.

smile.gif

STeve

Our trip to Montauk is for Sunday and Monday into tuesday. waaah.gif

I'd be crying if this didn't remind me of the Opie and Anthony radio bit with Spaz and "The Giant Mosquito". Too funny to cry.

The skeeters that are causing havoc are carrying Encephalitis E................

this particular strain of Encephalitis has a death rate of between 35-65% if your bitten by one of these girls carrying it!

Only females bite ya for your blood!

Not a good ratio I'd say waaah.gif

I was there Tues and Wed night.

Got bit a bunch as the skeeters are out and hungry! confused.gif

So far I feel fine..............

but if I should never post again you all will understand and hopefully post a nice thread 'bout how nice IPSPEST was biggrin.gif

Closed due to mosquitoes?

Are you kidding me? If that could cause beach closures here at AI we would be unable to use the beach most of the summer and a great deal of the fall.

Let's see what "w" words come to mind....

Wimpy, wampy, wombly, wierd, wacko, without merit, wow!

smile.gif

STeve

So ... Not only does the Sippy King know his mosquitoes but he knows Dr. Demento too?? How is Jimi? (Whimpy, Whompy, Whombly) HappyWave.gif

keep your eye on Fort hero, first the mud slides now this skeeter BS...

Either a sub or tanker is gonna get close at night and take out or bring in something to that big underground lab .... word on the net is they are working on some electro magnetic powered silent hi speed UFO looking plane....

Usually they would have no problem moving stuff around in the dark but as bunch of pesky striper fisherman seem to have taken a liking to the rocks in front of the fort during the dark hours. tongue.gif

Why dont they just move that "top secret" base somewhere else so we can fish in peace? The web is full of info on that weirdo fort. Everyone knows its still active with all that sci-fi stuff.

With our luck they would probably move it to Cape Cod.

Skeeters... yeah right mad.gif

smile.gif

STeve

New Englanders are tough.... NY is not a NE State.

Definition: [n] a region of northeastern United States comprising Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.