O'Neil Forebay brute

Rate this topic

Dan S

I just read on another site, some guy nailed a 54 lb striper from the Forebay. Unbelievable how many big fish have come out of that Forebay. I have seen pictures of at least 4 in the 60 lb range. When at my friends house last week he pulled a picture from his archives of his friend who caught a 66 lber several years ago, only to be beaten out by the current record.

Well Winch, since Mike "smoked me", maybe he would do the honors! hehe

Seriously,I hope to get up there soon, but I am down and out right now with a sore back. Get this! I go to Tomales and fish for two days, walking the sandy beach with waders, getting in and out of a boat we used to get to the beach, went poke-poling, walking around on the rocks and afterward carring a sack with 70 lbs of rockfish and eel in it, and just being very active. Sunday, I am laying on the couch, get up to get a drink, and my back goes out! Go Figure!

Next time I go to San Luis, I will let you know. Maybe you can meet me there.

Dan,

Having your back go out is not from the movement that finaly so to speak "breaks the camels back". Doctors have told me that when your back goes out it's not from what you were doing at that time its from all the other abuse that leads up to it. And you sound like you abused it pretty good up in Tomales! Take care of it.

Mike, where have your friends been fishing? I noticed on the Blanton site that the fish are busting in the Forebay. Some guys nailing them bigtime. I wonder if they are active in the big lake too! Thinking about making a trip up there this weekend!

Dan, the guy thats been getting some fish over there is the flyfisherman/surfboard builder "Doug". I think you have met him before. He said they had been getting fish in the main lake near "The Bay Of Pigs". He has done pretty good there recently & talked to some other fishermaen who said they saw a large school of breaking fish. Mike

Hey Mike, what is up with the talk of an 82# caught? Take a look at the Blanton site. They are talking about some guy who nailed an 82lber. I don't know if it is baloney or what, but that would break the all-tackle record.

Dan, I just went snooping around on the blanton site. It sounds like somebody may have got a new record. One of the replys make mention of a website www.flyfisher.com that is supposed to have a picture of it. I tried to access the picture but can't figure out how to do it. If its true I guess we'll certainly be hearing about it very soon. Mike

Mike, I couldn't find any picture of a big striper on that website either. It might be a bunch of crap! I checked ****, and no mention of a big striper on that site. I would think if it was true it would be plastered all over that site.

Dan,

Does the Blanton site have a e-mail address for him? If it does send Blanton an e-mail and ask. If it proves false or he can't give you an answer. Then tell him he should remove those posts or put a note stating that it hasn't been verified or false. In my opinion BS's are what give us fisherman a bad name. Its the one thing that I and most striper fisherman hate. A guy spewing BS about how many and how big when he hasn't seen jack. You see what its doing to you. I'm sure your even thinking of taking a trip up there this weekend as probably are a lot of other guys. You and other honest guys understand how hard and how much time you put in and for you to have to take a long trip to San Luis and find out it was a joke is something that could get a guy messed up in my book. So E-mail Dan Blanton and ask him. BUT........If it is true or the fishing is hot e-mail me. I do trust you.wink.gif