Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the broken bobber

Inside rod carrier or holder 4 an SUV

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

rodsaver.jpg

This thing is pretty cool. It's cheap: 'bout $20+ at any national mail order catalog company.

I used one in a 2dr Explorer and it worked pretty good, though it did hang down a bit so if you're tall and if your transporting anything longer than 7' it might bother you a bit. It's also easy to take down if your not using it.

I have seen more expensive ones that might be tighter to the ceiling. You'd have to search for those though. Hope this helps.

I had a bad experience with the RodLoft. The holes in the forward holder were WAY too small for any of the rods I normally use . . . they were barely big enough for a fly rod. I cut into one of them to "force" the issue. I gave up and got the Thulle roof rack (and still have not installed it redface.gif

Bobber - I think I still have the RodLoft buried in my "fishroom" if I do and your interested I'll send it to you gratis . . . better someone try to get some use of it than me trip over it. I'll check tonight.

Bobber - I think I still have the RodLoft buried in my "fishroom" if I do and your interested I'll send it to you gratis . . . better someone try to get some use of it than me trip over it. I'll check tonight.

Thanx a mill G-2... and thanx to the others for the advice

The rodloft pro has a black foam insert over a red foam insert. Red - smaller rods ie..fly rods..freshwater. Black - larger rods....surf.

If you do get it decide which end pieces you are going to use to hang it on the inside of your car, then epoxy or crazy glue it to the bar. I've had it fall a couple of times when driving on bumpy roads. Hasn't fallen yet since I epoxied it wink.gif

Gloucester2,

Ya mean SHE has a key to your fishin room confused.gif

I keep my wife locked out of the fishin room. That way she doesn't see the new stuff I buy. I tell her I lock it up to keep the boys (6&9) out. Too many knives and stuff biggrin.gif

Bobber - I found it - all the pieces were still there too biggrin.gif PM me your address and I'll send it to ya.

Remembered one other "issue" I had. My vehicle at the time (2002 Explorer) did not have interior molding which was one of the 4 mounting options (and seemingly the most secure - especially for the "reel" end). Hope you have better luck.

PS - Mike I let her go in there to vacumm and dust biggrin.gif