Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FenderBender

Feathers or Bucktail?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Either or is good.The feathers wiggle better.Maybe last a little longer but not by much.

If you use a Deciever type fly as a teaser you get both.

I'm a fan of feather teasers. Also a fan of feathers on the trailer hook.

I usually tie around 4-5 white hackle feathers on a 2/0 hook and add one deep red hackle feather somewhere in between.

Go for it. Same on the trailer hook.

my $0.02

THE KID

Actually, I dont really have an absolute favorite. Ive got em all kinds of teasers. I think just a teaser in general is GREAT. Ive used everyhting from a squid strip, red gills, to feathers and bucks... If i had an overall favorite it would be the red gill, but ill take any of em...

When it comes to teasers, the exprtession Match the hatch comes to mind. My top producer all last summert was a small rainfish pattern made with all synthetics. lots of small bait in the areas I fished and caught everything on this little gem. Come prepared with an assortment of teaser sizes and colors. Every night is different. Bucktail teasers will foul less than hackle ones. There will be nights that hackle teasers will be preferred. Depends on conditions, size and prevalence of naturals.

Hair. Different colors, etc. It's very rewarding catching a fish on a teaser made with your own two hands.

Like others I too have tried other things besides hair for teasers. Fin-S, rubber worms and eel like imitations.

Here's something I read about matching the hatch. Match the bait the hatch is chasing.

All will work .Plastic,feathers,hair or comb. of these.My best last year was a 4 inch spearing,blue over clear KINKY FIBRE.Outfished for me at least all my others. tight lines..... Also always have one on!!!!!!

------------------

eddie p