Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hrf_1

Boat Launch

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

There is a ramp in Rumson by the boro hall. The downside is that you need to purchase a yearly pass to use it. I think that the pass is about 90 dollars a year.

You could launch in the Atlantic highlands and run up the river. Or launch back in the shrewsbury and run down. There are a couple of places in the shrewsbury, the one back in oceanport is free. There is one over by the channel club tower also but I am not sure if that is a public ramp or not.

There is a public ramp in Fair Haven that is free. Kind of hard to find, it's at the end of a neighborhood road. If you call Fair Haven they will tell you where it is.

Also one in Red Bank just up river from the big bridge. There is a small marina and convenience store, but I can't remember the name.

These are your best two.

bido got it. The place you want is Chris's landing. It is just west of Red Bank. The West Front street bidge is closed for construction so you will have to come in from half mile road to west fron street.

And yes the shrewsbury and navesink do connect right at the foot of hartshorne woods. About 1/4 mile south of the sandy hook bridge.