Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FTRAV

The Master Has Passed On

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

BOB BOTTINO, of brick has passed on , this man was a master at catching strippers on calico crabs , he would share his knowledge with anyone, and had several articles printed in the A/P press, he will surely be missed ,Lord may his soul rest in peace.

I'm sorry to hear that frown.gif Bob was a good egg, always willing to take a green horn under his wing and share with them all that he had learned. Rest in peace Bob, here's wishing you a good shed and just the right lift for an eternity of tides...

TimS

It is a shame that Bob was only known as a crab fisherman. I fished with him for 5 or 6 years on what seemed like a daily basis and while he was a great crab fisherman he was good at so much more. When someone asks what a good fisherman is he will always come to mind. Bob was excellent with rigged eels, in fact he was the first person I ever saw dye his eels (jet black or purple), he would never be out plugging without a pocketful of eels. While there are some better liveliners around there are not many and most of those aren't good at much else. Bob started most years worm fishing at G Beach on the hook, then would start walking the wall for herring at Deal Lake, after the herring it would be a mix of crab fishing or driving around all night snagging bunkers to fish at first light. Fall was the usual mix of plugs and ells till January. The article in the Press talking about his 50's doesn't mention that he never really counted his 59 because it was a boat fish. I hope this doesn't sound like hero worship because it's certainly not, he like the rest of us had plenty of faults, but if he is to be remembered we should consider all he was able to do.

I did not know him personally,,but I knew of his kind, from what has been posted. I learned alot from other people like him.

R.I.P.

Eeeeels...................