Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luke

Googan in Action

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Looks like three guys having a great time. I enjoy being a part of StripersOnline, but I could care less for the ridicule you pass on to others at times. The way he is holding his rod may be the way his father taught him, and his grandfather taught his father, and so on. Wouldnt it be funny if we all get to Heaven only to find out that is the way God holds his fishing rod too biggrin.gif All these years thinking we were right.

AllenC

Looks like three guys having a great time. I enjoy being a part of StripersOnline, but I could care less for the ridicule you pass on to others at times. The way he is holding his rod may be the way his father taught him, and his grandfather taught his father, and so on. Wouldnt it be funny if we all get to Heaven only to find out that is the way God holds his fishing rod too biggrin.gif All these years thinking we were right.

AllenC

Okay, Okay. We're only playing around Allen. But you make a good point about G/d! Imagine?!?!

------------------

THE KID [a.k.a. "BLACKBALL"]

At least he has a rod. When I was young we used to have to tie rope to a broomstick.If you wanted your bait to float you had to tie one of your shoes to the line. For bait we had to use spam.Never did catch a darn thing.

The first time I took my boss down to the beach I rigged him up and left him alone for a couple of minutes while I tied a new leader for my rod. I look over and he's holding the reel up side down.cwm24.gif We worked on it and he's got much better form these days.wink.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

I agree with Surf Fisherman.

They're fishing... that's good enough for me. And having a great time.

I don't care how they hold their rods, and my hat is on backwards like that quite often.

You guys who slammed this picture should examine your motives very carefully.

Steve C.

Let's not be so insecure about our angling prowess that we have to criticize other "lesser" anglers that hold a spinning reel the wrong way, or just don't fish correctly in our eyes!! At least these guys are out fishing - they're from an inner city, they aren't as fortunate as most of us who get to fish a FEW times a week at least here on the East Coast..

These guys could be doing MANY other things like committing crimes, selling drugs, buying drugs, doing drugs, etc. At least they're out there!!

Luke, I don't mean to come on strong, but we should certainly not criticize people that are out doing what WE enjoy..

If I, or most of the guys I fish with sees a beginner struggling, we'll help that person get something done so that he or she can possibly catch a fish!!

Yes, at times, especially here in NJ, "googans", bennies, WEBS; whatever can make life difficult, especially during the summer.. But most are just out for the fun of it, and isn't THAT the reason why MOST of us fish????? Hey, I'm not some rod&reel commercial, and I'm not on the BASS tournament trail, so I don't fish for a living.. If I did, these people would get to me, but most of the time they don't because just like them, I'm out there for the fun of it and also like them, I want to catch some fish.. wink.gif

We should not lose touch of WHY we fish, sometimes we forget that..

I apologize for my rant, and Luke, I don't mean any harm by venting whats on my mind.. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Do you know why people fish with there rod upside down?It's so stupid...Because they don't know you can switch the handle to the other side of the reel.It's as simple as that.You don't believe me?Go ask someone holding they're rod upside down why they do that.That's how I know.I finally couldn't take it anymore I had to say something.I asked a guy and then showed him you could switch the handle to the other side of the reel.He was dumfounded.The look on his face was priceless.