Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hale33

What's the most excessively fat rock you've ever caught?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Thumbnail?u=289606&a=2152837&p=37748805&

December/January to me means excessively fat corpulent, fleshy, gross, overweight, portly, stout ROCK! What's the most obese Striper you've ever landed. I've taken quite a few over 40 this December, but this one that Dad hooked and I lip pulled over the side is our best Lenght vs Weight... View?u=289606&a=2152832&p=35548296&Seque

He was 45 inches and a fat 47.7 pounds, a good 15 pounds heavier then a few others, about same lenght caught that week. Anybody get any fat guys this year???

------------------

Sgt.Carl Hale

Metal Militia

"HeavyMetal Jigger"

EasternShore-LowerBay

------------------

HeavyMetal Jigger

Lower Eastern Shore Md/Va

The most excessively fat rock I've ever caught was just off of pips rips east end of the Ditch, she swallered several of my jigs too.

Oh .... you mean fish,Nevermind.

My friend caught a 22 inch fish that must of weighed close to 10 pounds. It looked like a Mutant. I think it was a hybrid. It had a very deep body. It was caught in a creek that feeds Great Egg Bay in South Jersey. Had never heard of any hybrids in there before. But if I had to bet I would say it was a Hybrid.

I caught one similar to that this past year end of the 1st week in december at the CBBT using live eels .... She was 43.5" and 40 lbs even. I don't have the photo yet but as soon as my friend gets them developed I'll post em. The Virgina MRC runs a "saltwater" tournament where you can get "citations" (read "neat plaque") for catching fish of certain sizes and weights. 42" was the release citation, 40 lb was the weight citation.... My lovely fat slob went back in and come March when they mail it to me I should have a nice release citation plaque to commemorate the occasion! biggrin.gif

-Beacher

Compared to that I have only caught skinny little fish. THat is insane! I have never seen a bass like that. I would even go so far to say pictures I have seen of fish over the 50 mark were not as impressive as that fish. The incredibly fat belly makes is look like a bigger fish then say something longer and even a little heavier. Absolutely amazing.

Ditch is right on the money. What do you have bass filets there for a wedding reception of 150? That's what it looks like with those 3 combined pictures. Or a room full of expensive sub 50lb trophies? Still love to tango with one.

Thill releases fish a tad smaller than this weekly from the look of his pics. Modern day hero.

JC

Hale33

That beauty would've been better off in the surf. Pick yourself up a $100 waterproof minolta camera, strap it to your wading belt, and take a picture as you fight, lip, and then release those big'uns.

DJ:

Roe, Roe, Roe is right -- stored a lot of fun for my kids, and their kids....

THE KID

Outta of roughly 20-25 rock over 40inches caught in December. I kept 4 and all have been dinner for my family. So enough of the "keep no fish stuff"... Call me Satan but I like to eat fish! devil.gif should I feel guilty about it?

Anyways here's some other fatties

View?u=289606&a=2152837&p=17297672&Seque

View?u=289606&a=2152837&p=17297673&Seque

View?u=289606&a=2152832&p=35548298&Seque

------------------

HeavyMetal Jigger

Lower Eastern Shore Md/Va

You're not SATAN for taking a fish every now and again. Just try to stick with the smaller ones. Those COWS are the breeders, pal. Each fish like that you kill takes 1000s of Stripers out of circulation....

Keep the 15-20 lb'ers (better yet, the 10-15 lb'ers), but take a snapshot and send the LUNKERS back!

THE KID

I LOVE to eat dead striped bass, but not so much of it. Tell me, how much did each filet weigh off that 47# fish? You must eat it every meal man. Or have a seperate freezer. It does taste wonderful.

JC