Watcha gonna get "her" for christmas?

Rate this topic

Marksharky

I'm not sure about the rest of you but I've always had a hard time buying stuff for my wife.(probably cause I hate to shop) So I figured maybe if we all pass some ideas around this might be a pretty useful thread. I usually by her a piece of jewelery but I never seem to get that exactly right, diamond earings a sure bet she got em last year. She mentioned a new Coach or Kate Spade pocket book & wallet whatever the heck they are icon15.gif probably cost a bit too but thats OK.

So what are you guys gonna get for that special lady in your life?

Got a couple already:

Dooney & Burke wallet

Dooney & Burke keychain

10- 1/2 hour sessions with a personal trainer at the gym

Trip without the 3 kids in May to Italy

Lots of cookies in my cookie jar for the start of the next fishing season!!

"Life is Not a Dress Rehearsal!"
Member #1666

Got a couple already:

Dooney & Burke wallet

Dooney & Burke keychain

10- 1/2 hour sessions with a personal trainer at the gym

Trip without the 3 kids in May to Italy

Lots of cookies in my cookie jar for the start of the next fishing season!!

This guy is good smile.gif

A good buddy of mine gave his wife a "Garden Weasel" for their anniversary a few years ago. I am here to tell you - don't ever do that.

That aint nuthin, I got the wife a Toilet for Christmas about 5 or 6 years back. Had the tank wrapped up in one box and the bowl on another. Sat in the house for like 2 weeks before X-mas day . She had no idea what is was and all I would tell her is "it's something you'll use all the time". She was quite excited about these mysterious big boxes.

Well needless to say, it didn't go over to big that morning even though her other gifts were hidden inside various part of what I thought "was a great gift" icon15.gif

------------------

Ed J

EdJ@StripersOnline.com

[This message has been edited by Ed J (edited 12-09-2002).]

Clampton's Latest Concert on DVD

Who's Clampton?headscratcha.gif

Another don't - an iron is NOT a good choice, no matter how many options/levers/fabric settings it features.

[This message has been edited by PeterO (edited 12-09-2002).]

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

I was thinking about getting her a gold VS 150. Of course she doesn't have any fish poles so I might have to store it on one of minewink.gif

------------------

"If you liked your job as much as you like fishing, we'd be millionaires." - My Wife

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

I always get her a gift certificate at her favorite shop . Then she always gets a gag gift ie: roll of paper towels , chia pet , lures , line and a shiney rock .

the paper towels and the shiney rock went over the best . She opened them both last do to her curiosity to the size, shape and weight of the presents . I laughed and laughed . Good thing she is used to me !

I personalized bowling ball that says Homerwink.gif

A winter coat with fur on the hood & cuffs and some pregnancy pants all from the Neiman Marcus website without actually having to brave the Paramas Mall.

And some Victorian era oyster plates...why...I have no clue...but she said she wanted to start collecting them.

No people were ever yet benefited by riches if their prosperity corrupted their virtue....
-Theodore Roosevelt

Last year due to some family issues and my father-in-laws passing we went on a cruise for Christmas, wife & kids. Well because of room limitations I bought my wife a card and put a fishing lic. in it as a gag joke. She had never fished before. She thought it was "cute" and that was that until sometime in May when she asked if i was ever going to take her fishing. Oh boy i thought, did i screw up? Best Christmas gift I could have ever bought! She usually outfishes me (hold back your comments boys) and we have one hell of a time. Beats a lawyer.

BTW it makes birthdays & Christmas shopping a whole lot easier.

Happy Holidays!

I know a guy who almost got divorced after giving his bride snow tires cwm31.gif

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace