Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eelman

Fisher's Island New York!

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

This is one Island I have been wanting to fish for a long,long time! Anyone here know anything about it? Access,shore access..etc..

Its so close to the watch hill reefs and the race,that it must be just as good as block island,who knows? maybe better?? Anyway I hear loads of good things about wilderness point on that island,Most of what I hear is from boat fisherman who really clean up out there..Any surf info?

The beach fishing must be good because I caught nice fish within casting distance from the shore on the south side by boat when i use to live in Mystic. I bet you have to bring your own eels.

I think Mr Coleman fishes it alot doesn't he? I have a buddy whose dad used to fish a place called Wreck Rock off the southeast side, right around the corner form Katum Rocks. Tim might know him as he was on the cover of the Fisherman a couple time. Bob Kocsiki. He talked about one night having four fish over 50 in the boat. That was several years ago.

I have only fished around Fishers Island a few times and always from a boat. The locals go out of their way to make life uncomfortable for visitors. There is only one gin mill on the whole island and that is in the hotel. That island seems to be run by the Golden Rule - he who has the gold, makes the rules. It seems that access to many of the rocky "fishy" areas would have to be through private property. I believe that because of the lack of fishing pressure on and around the island, makes for excellent conditions. Just my opinion.