Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caranx

Jigs

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

All right, I'm starting getting involved in this jig casting stuff, I build my own lures and I'm all set to throw some led in the drink. Do I know how to do that ? When ? Vaguely, and I might need some help.

What's the best water for this lure ? Calm or fast, clear of murky ? I assume any of the above and I guess the size/color/retrieve of the lure changes accordinghly to the situation: any chance somebody can help me with this matter. I have a lot of guys in Spain wondering the same thing, Jigs are a pretty new weapon here and they will all apreciate your help.

Grazie in advance

Ciao

Caranx wink.gif

------------------

solsignature.jpg

Caranx, that's not much info to work withicon15.gificon15.gifwink.gif

Whadda you gonna throw them at? What kind of conditions are you most likely to use them? Day time/night time? Current? Boat? Vertical jigging or casting?

Are you gonna be throwing them at breaking fish or working the bottom?

I'll take a few guesseswink.gif First, I'm thinking mostly from a boat..and mostly during the day...and mostly to fish in the upper portion of the water colum. Yer in luck...I am gettin' rid of a whooole bunch of MegaBait jigs - they just take up too much room here. I'm getting rid of 2 or the 4 colors I carry - both are mackerel patterns - blue mack and green mack.

MB_jigs_all_3sizes.jpg

That's the top two colors in this photo - this way I only gotta make room here for 1/2 as many of them smile.gif

I can make you a very good deal on a whole bunch of the green and blue mackerel - shoot me an email.

Bucktails are also good in small sizes for some of the daytime critters you'll encounter...and then there's rubbah...wow!smile.gif

TimS

Ciao, Caranx

I think you mean jighead lures you showed me before dosen't it?

Compare with a plug, a jighead with feather/bucktail dosen't vibrate well in a water. So I will use it in a clear water, mainly offshore. Anyhow, post a photo of them. Size and weight with it, and guys will know what you mean.

TimS you're right, looking back at my post there's not much info. Actually I was thinking about surf fishing, either from a beach or from the rocks that are abundant in the north atlantic coast of Spain. Mostly bucktails, I guess we will be using size between 1/2 oz to 1,5oz: the water, around the rocky areas is usually clear but there's a lot of waves and commotion. Sandy spots are more turbid and they might remind you some of the places you fish in Jersey but in a much smaller scale. main target is the European Sea Bass and whether fishing other areas, probably Bluefish. I hope this is of more help.

Ciao, grazie

Caranx smile.gif

------------------

solsignature.jpg