Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JCX

Call me bunker breath

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Wet the line last night with Kurt and loads of bunker were around. so if I can confess two things to you all:

1) I live lined and chunked last night frown.gifwink.gif

2) and all I got were toothy bastages frown.gifwink.gif

But, Kurt was a very gracious and conscientious guide that made up for the night, not to mention we met at....ah never mind smile.gif It was also nice to meet with Montclair Dave albeit just in the parking area.

You've been hang'n with the Crazy One too much..STOP EATING THE BAIT.

BUNKER BREATH

Hey don't worry about the uptight "lure doers" tho....you can hang and chunk em wit me anyday...biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yeah Bunker Breath,

Your gonna give me some sort of reputation! I enticed you to the dark side w/ visions of large, and you were rewarded w/ teeth. The blues continued thick through the night, I even started throwing jigs at em just for fun. Next time I promise you can keep your hands, and breath clean.

Kurt

Joe, don't let 'em get ya down...seems Dubs and I (accidentally of coursewink.gif) were reminded recently of the effectiveness of bunker parts. I snagged one single bunker the other night, after much lure flinging...we decided to give it a try. Out comes the knife and some sinkers. Wouldn't you know it, we felt like the good Lord Himself had blessed this bunker! With that one bunker, we landed 7 stripers, all keepers, from 8#'s to 18#'s...and 6 nasty toothy bastages...in about an hour. I repeat, this was on one, single bunker! It seemed almost like some divine intervention, like God Himself was trying to tell us something...so we did it again the next night. Same results, same sized fish...but we burned up 5 bunker to do it this time.

Now we've got a new addition to the back of the truck...a small white bucket. Not for the bunker mind you, but for the hand soap, paper towels, and chunkin' knife smile.gif

Hey, I'm only doin' it so I can "clear the air" with the folks who sweat I hate bait fishermen wink.gif Dubs had a nightmare the other night, he told me he had a dream DPowell, Dubs, and TimS go together to do some fishing and DPowell wrinkled his nose at us and grabbed his fly rod?!?! cwm24.gifcwm24.gif Oh the horror of it all!?? cwm31.gif

TimS

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 05-07-2001).]

I like that dream Tim biggrin.gif

I can relate to what you all said less the towel and a bucket of soapy water. That's what made my 2 hour drive back less enchanting. Though, I must say I never stopped for coffee.

To the rest of the guys thanks for your understanding wink.gifsmile.gif It was actually enjoyable. The bunker were thick enough to bump your line smile.gif

Kurt, Thanks again!

JCX - Jokes aside, a ready cleaner for the Odor-De-Bunk'r can be had at auto supply shops. You can purchase tubs of the pre-moisten industrial hand wipes that are similar to the baby wipes. Some brands have a citrus base and some have a grit like pumice added for additional scrubbing. Pick up a tub a leave in your wheels - you'll be glad you did. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Erik, that was completely unacceptable. Please don't post that kinda garbage here.

TimS

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 05-07-2001).]