home made duplicator

Rate this topic

fishing bum wannabe

• 1 year later...

I finally updated the "sled" with a carbide cutter from ProfessorM. It cuts much smoother than my old high speed steel cutter sled, shown in one of the photos. Using the cardide cutter takes the same amount of sanding but no digs/tearouts. For those luremakers like me who have limited resources, this type diy duplicator is a great option. With the carbide cutter this is as fast as the Vega. I visited ProfessorM recently and saw his duplicator, not much different than mine other than being made out of aluminum instead of maple, as my new one is. If you've ever seen Paul's work you will appreciate what can be done with this design. Paul has a Vega which he hasn't bothered to set up.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” 

― Mark Twain

Steel Pulse/ProfessorM

Great visit! I have always been impressed with the pics of your lures but seeing them in the wood was great. I make fishing lures, you make and fish with works of art.

Thanks for the carbide cutter and the visit.

Fred

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” 

― Mark Twain

go for it. All I have used since I started. You get a lot of satisfaction building it and tweaking it and I luv the old school feeling of doing it this way. If I was mass producing plugs, god forbid, I wouldn't do it this way but for the hobbyist it is a lot of fun.

some more help

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/788966/a-home-made-duplicator-i-made

what's the secret word for tonight