Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bloocrab

Bait & Tackle Shops

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I may be taking a trip to Noo Jerzy soon, I still haven't decided if I'm going with her or not, she's going on a business trip. I was wondering which B & T shops you fellas recommend. She's not giving me much room for tackle cuz she's bringing alot of display items down so I gotta keep it minimal. I'd like to toss some bunker chunks or eels, and of course I'll have as much pluggage as she allows me to bring. I'm sure there are plenty of B & Ts out that way, but which ones carry the freshest bait, newest tackle, longer eels, have the better hours, are run by more know-ledgeable owners, etc... wink.gif

I'm still waiting to see exactly where she made the reservations, but any help will be appreciated. Maybe I can even get her to change the reservation near a better shop/spot.

Thanks in advance...

Bloo-

Depending on where in NEW Jersey you are coming bloo, can recommend Scotts Bait and Tackle, Main Street, Bradley Beach,...732 988 6450. Have fresh clams, eels, have been having fresh bunker for the past week. Depending on when you come down, maybe we can wet a line ... salt

What exit . . .. biggrin.gif

I kid you not, I was on the Cod Bash and the Jersey guys that had never met asked the question! I always thought it was a cute skit from SNL . . .

I'll prove my point I heard them say there ain't no exit 54 I don't even know the hiway they were talkin' about . . .but I loved it !

Hi Joe, Matt, Brian, Mike and the rest of the Boyz HappyWave.gif

She's got 2 choices, I'm trying my best to talk her into Silverton. Her other choice is Newark. frown.gif

Any decent B & T's along the roads of Silverton or within an hour of there?? C'mon fellas, there gotta be more shops than that.. wink.gif

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If anyone fishes that area, don't be shy to reply. smile.gif ...but still looking for reliable B & T's...

Thanks again,

Bloo----

Ain't no surf fishing in Newark...or any B&T's that I know of there. I ain't never heard of Silverton...isn't that the cute town Joe Dirt kept trying to get back to? cwm13.gif

If you have all the plugs you'll ever need and plan on throwing chunks and eels...then yah need a place to get eels and bunker...and some place on the way to Silverton.

Well that ain't Scott's (nowhere near Silverton) - BTW - where the 'ell is Silverton? That would help wink.gif

HappyWave.gif Gloucester - I'm off exit 98 thanks smile.gif

TimS

Silverton. Northern section of Dover Twp.(Toms River). East of Hooper Ave. South of Brick.

There's a new place just around the corner on Fischer Blvd. Fishbuzz or something.

Bloo, if my memory serves me right Silverton is off of Hooper Ave which is East of Toms River. If you take Hooper Ave south to route 37 (you run right into it) take a left and go over the bridge. (big bridge) after you cross the bridge stay to the right and head south. You will run into Island Beach State Park. And before that, on the right hand side you will see "Betty and Nicks" which I am sure can supply you with what ever you might need. It is good fishing on the Park, and the beaches along that stretch provide good fishing also. I am 99% sure I am right, but maybe some of the guys here that are familiar with it can give you more exact information....again shoot me a line if I can help....salt

Bloo Stay away from newark unless you have a glock to bring, but Silverton is only 10 minutes from the beach and you won't have to wear bullettproof clothes. There is a place in Seaside called the new dolphin that I know has live eels and fresh bunker they open early and close late, and the guys that work there are real helpful. Theres been some big fish around recently

...just got back from Newark a couple of hours ago. We spent the weekend at Don Shula's place...schweeeet!!! We drove out on Saturday morning...the bridge wasn't bad, but today it was UNBELIEVABLE!!...with road construction and accidents it took forever to get back home.

As far as where we'll end up going when we venture out there for the week - - She thinks there's more money to be made in Newark versus Silverton...(her call, I guess)...so I may or may not be taking that trip. If you guys really think Newark is that dangerous, then I may have to make the trip with her. We stopped by Ferry street, which is parallel to Raymond Ave..big street party going on...(What's that all about??)..I was able to drink beer on the street and sample all kinds of cajun/puerto-rican/brazilian cousine...also did a shot of Tequila from the ice-block, that was pretty cool. Not to mention the eye-candy being incredible!!! Music on every corner, cops ALL over the place...and it appeared they were getting ready for a parade???..was there some holiday I just didn't get paid for?? biggrin.gif

..silly me, I forgot to thank you all for your replys.

A BIG THANK YOU to all who replied.

Tim, Silverton looks like a bay area locked in by the Ocean Ave. strip.?? Is that mostly all skinny water in there?

To repay those who helped;

If your ever up in my neck of the woods, (Cape Cod Canal Area)...you HAVE to stop by M&D's in Wareham. M&Ds Tackle is a family owned and operated business located in Wareham, MA just a stones throw from the Wareham River (excellent salt-water fishing) and in the neighborhood of some of the best freshwater fishing ponds in the state.

They take great pride in supplying fresh and salt water anglers with top quality equipment at very low prices (often the lowest you can find). The idea there is that fishing was never meant to be a rich man's sport. What appears to be a small shop from the outside, ends up taking you hours just to leave, also with Mike's out-going and helpful personality you don't want to stop picking his brain. Mike goes out of his way to accomodate and suggest ways to get you on fish. He knows what they've been hitting on and will NEVER lead you in the wrong direction. He is also a VERY sociable person (did I say that yet? smile.gif ), making it very easy to communicate with. I'm sure many members on here know of, and would vouch for M&Ds, no questions asked.

Again,

Thank you for you help, even though it looks like I'm going back to Newark. mad.gif

Bloo... Silverton is a great location for fishing. icon14.gif You are 20 minutes from Manasquan Inlet (and some nice, un-named places in between wink.gif ) by going north or 15 minutes to IBSP and my stomping grounds by going east. There has to be 10 - 15 B&T shops within 10 miles of Silverton.

Arby... frown.gif

We ended up in Newark mad.gifmad.gif ...and my rod never saw the water, it stayed in the hotel room with the JD. If not for some Brazilian/Portuguese Festival on Ferry Street, I'd a went nutz...never again I told her. Not that I minded the eye-candy...but DAMN, that music was cranking. Didn't make sense though, they had music on each block...I mean directly across the street from each other..It was a never-ending mix of Loud muffled music, couldn't really hear either one. The food was great though!! biggrin.gif

..anyhooo - thanks again for the replys fella's

Update: I just got back from M & Ds in Wareham Ma, Mike told me things were reel HOT this past weekend. The fish are large, and Mike's got what you need to catch em' .--- Happy Fishing Folks!! smile.gif

If you are going to be going to Betty and Nicks you might also want to try the Dolphin b&t on the same street. Both are very good for info and good bait. Also on rt37 the hook house also is good and it would be closer to Fisher Blvd. Good Luck and when are you comming this way? Mike