Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassHoll

Mini Darter Pics

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Do these darters have a tighter more rapid movement than a larger gaudier darter? I am asking because I have some yozuri darters that are small and they have a tight rapid movement, opposed to a slow dart imposed by a large wood darter.

Castingkid

BassHoll;

Very nice lookin' little guys you got there. Hows the movement on them and how do you have them weighted?

------------------

** I Need A Cup Of Coffee! **

Johnny

castingkid & jenty,

The action on the mini darters is a slow back and forth movement, not a rapid "wiggle"

As far as weighting; I balanced the weighting front and back.

Those darters are SICK. I know at least three slower running rips that those would KILL fish in just 20 mins from my door. Please send those to LI!!! Contact me if you have extras bro

JC

Basshole, Did you turn those or use a sander? I know for the smaller fish I have been catching would love them, but the ones I played with making so far havent looked so good, on a sander and dremal. I wanted a smaller head(like yours) and maybe a little fatter in the tail(to get that slow rolling wiggle) if you get the drift.

------------------

Robert

BassHoll, that's some nice lookin' work smile.gif Small darters are an all but forgotten lure, but they sure do produce!

ccdarter.jpg

darterchart.jpg

Creek Chub's had these in the lineup for what seems like forever. At least since the fifties and probably well before then. They used to be wood, of course (plastique, now) and currently produced in 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2 oz. models, though I've only ever fished the 1/2 ouncer and still have a few woodies (somewhat modified) on hand.

I posted these (obviously factory) lures to perhaps inspire one or a few of you to experiment with this somewhat different darter shape. It's definitely a catcher smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Bill Klein (edited 01-02-2002).]

Ravenar,

I made those mini-darters with a belt sander and dremel, The larger one was made with 1/2" dowel.

Bill Klein,

I dig those darter shapes. Yep, I think I'll be doing something similar to those real soon...

I'll post pics when I finish one. Thanks for the "factory" pics. They'll help a lot!! biggrin.gif

------------------

tight lines,

BASSHOLL

I met BasHoll today and received a couple of those small darters. Nice little lures BassHoll thanks again, good luck with that needle bro. How funny was that disaster of cut-off after cut-off only to realize my rod-tip was shattered LOL Glad nobody saw me take that digger in the parking lot, my elbow/thigh feel so sore man LOL

JC

I'm putting the final touches on some of Creek Chub replicas like the ones Bill Klein posted above. I will post pictures as soon as they are complete.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

tight lines,

BASSHOLL