Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Prefessa

Anyone have the Skinny on Flourocarbon???

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Okay... Since the introduction of Seaguar Fluoro years ago there have been alot of new players out there making claims like better knot strength, finer diameter, better clarity ect.

Some folks are brand loyal. Some folks say Fluorocarbon is like Asprin, its all the same stuff.

Other than the fact that Triplefish gives you twice the leader for the money....

Is there really any serious performance differences between brands???? Like Knot Strength, Stiffness, Abrasion resistance, visability???? If there is what brands are preferred and why?

As a chemist I can see that there may be different grades of flourocarbon polymer and that there may be different quality extrusion processes... But what I am wondering if this stuff all comes out of the same one or two factories and folks just slap there own label on it.

[This message has been edited by Prefessa (edited 01-05-2001).]

Many companies make their own fluoro. It's all different for the most part. Use a bunch, make yer own call as to which suits ya best...you know which I prefer as it's the only one I sell and I could sell them all if I wanted biggrin.gif

TimS

I wish I could give you a better answer, but all I can tell you is that I have tried Seaguar, Momoi and some others and keep going back to Seaguar. They all feel different in my hands. Some are stiffer than Seaguar. One had a yellow tinge to it. So I do not think they are all the same.

But I have not done any tests worth mentioning.

Mike Y