Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArchieLunker

The Penn Saga

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

For those of you who read my post titled: "Dont make my mistake" in regards to my dealing with Penn repair, I wanted to update you on the outcome. Well, I had spoke to them on Monday which is when they told me that it would be another couple of weeks before I got it returned. Well to my surprise it was sitting outside my apartment this morning. It looked great all lubed and buffed, all is good except one thing....:THE MAIN REASON I SENT IT WAS TO CONVERT TO MANUAL BAIL!...do you think they overlooked my repair where I wrote "PLEASE CONVERT MY 704 TO MANUAL BAIL"...well I guess so.

Archie,

A Penn 704Z is a four screw takedown plus unscrewing your handle counterclockwise to get the main gear out. Takes all of five minutes. The manual bail conversion is also a five minute job, the equivalent of two screws. You can get it done yourself.

Good Luck,

Steve

PS If you have any problems PM me, I'll be glad to help you. smile.gif

I appreciate the advice. I thought I was doing the best thing by sending it on to the manufacturer, especially when I read the dealer letter about improved service. I'm a bornagain surfcaster that could always takem apart but not always put them back together. In hindsight I should have asked here....but live and learn. Thanks

Golden,

Red Top is in Mass. correct? I think Archie lives in Yankee country (NY). smile.gif

Sea Isle (Freeport Long Island) is a certified Penn warranty and service shop. I would think Capitol in NYC also has Penn parts.

Steve smile.gif