Castle - day trip with the kids

Rate this topic

Castle Island (Fort Independence) in South Boston or Bancroft’s Castle in Groton are two close options. None really fits the bill 100% but might be close enough. 

I rarely use ChatgPT but this is what came up...

Here are a few examples:

1. **Hammond Castle (Gloucester, Massachusetts)**: Built in the late 1920s by inventor John Hays Hammond Jr., this medieval-style castle now serves as a museum, showcasing Hammond's collection of Roman, medieval, and Renaissance artifacts.

2. **Gillette Castle (East Haddam, Connecticut)**: Constructed by actor William Gillette, famous for his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes, this castle is located in Gillette Castle State Park. It features unique design elements, including puzzle locks and hidden mirrors.

3. **Searles Castle (Great Barrington, Massachusetts)**: Originally built for Mary Hopkins, widow of railroad magnate Mark Hopkins, this castle has served various purposes over the years, including as a private residence and a school.

4. **Winnekenni Castle (Haverhill, Massachusetts)**: This small castle, built in the late 19th century by Dr. James R. Nichols, is set in Winnekenni Park and is used for community events and private functions.

5. **Bancroft Tower (Worcester, Massachusetts)**: This 56-foot-high structure, built in 1900, was erected in memory of George Bancroft, a prominent historian and statesman. Although more of a folly than a true castle, it has a medieval appearance.

Pfantum Pfishah

10 hours ago, Joe G said:

I’ve not been there, but check out Hammond Castle Museum in Gloucester.  

been there.........

worked there (music) many times.....

kids will love  it.......

4 mins ago, unskunk said:

been there.........

worked there (music) many times.....

kids will love  it.......

Thanks for the confirmation. I will get her there.

She's learning something in class about castles so she wanted me to bring her to see. Also the movie Frozen had something to motivate her to go.