hullavator question

question for the smart folks

I used to have a hullavator in the past-older model years back

I recently go the newer model-I have a quesiton

the gold pieces that you attach the arms to the bracket seems different-in the past you put the the straight piece in and the gold arm -the non straight piece was locked in and secure-this one (unless I am doing something wrong) the when you put the straight part in it connects the hullavator arm to the bracket-all good but the gold piece itself moves -it in theory could wiggle itself out (unlikely but.....)

see enclosed video sorry for the VERY shaky hand and shaky video -was trying to stand on my tire at a very odd angle and not fall lol

49 mins ago, superstriper said:

is it the bracket that is wrong? 
and thanks

No it's the pin. You need to install it with the arms up. I'll get better pics, 1 min.

Thanks for your help

i used used my old hullavator literally hundreds of times just never an issue

- for some reason this one seems different- the straight pieces goes right in but no matter how I have the arm flat or 90 degrees I can’t get the other piece to go above and lock 

I will try when it cools down 

thanks again for your help - appreciate it 

11 hours ago, RWP said:

I found this quick on YouTube. See if it helps.

yeah I looked at bunch of them-I finally got it working last night-one of the holes too was not drilled out properly which didnt help things

thanks again

1 min ago, superstriper said:

yeah I looked at bunch of them-I finally got it working last night-one of the holes too was not drilled out properly which didnt help things

thanks again

Thule does has some weird QC issues for a $900 rack.....

We got one in and none of the barrel nuts had the threads cut in them. Not something you can just grab at the hardware store either, and they were too hard to tap. Fortunately they sent out the parts really fast.

16 mins ago, RWP said:

Thule does has some weird QC issues for a $900 rack.....

We got one in and none of the barrel nuts had the threads cut in them. Not something you can just grab at the hardware store either, and they were too hard to tap. Fortunately they sent out the parts really fast.

I always but stuff when they run the 25% off deal-the rack is pricey but it makes my life easier when working properly