Good few hours !

Rate this topic

Went to edges of jetties early with metal picked a few before 6 am. The harbor on incoming is seeing plenty of small bait and some 24” stripers. Enclosed is a photo of a charter live lining Mack’s without a take in an hour? I certainly would have done a little chumming! Further in the river guys were picking fish all day with hazy conditions. 

IMG_5535.jpeg

Edited by RAW
Spellcheck

2 hours ago, RAW said:

Yes, they all do it but web pages only show good days, 1000’ from dock!!!!!!!!

Must be an environmentally responsible charter...

Shall I go to heaven or a-fishing? - H. D. Thoreau

Veni.  Vidi.  Cepi. - with apologies to Gaius Julius Caesar

Decided on some night fishing last night after work.  Caught nothing.  Some fish were surfacing after midnight, but I think all the stuff I brought with me was too big.  Oh well.

Got up to go to work yesterday at 0330, fished until 0330 next morning.  Was up ~25 hours before getting any sleep.  Hurtin' today, lol.

Next outing maybe Friday depending on weather.

Edited by Skunkoff

Man, Skunkoff putting in the time wow! Me not so much. Discouraging June for me should have triple my numbers for time spent. 

Hitting ledges in an hour, might as well try high tide & high sun. Morning & sunset not woking out, oh yeau lets not forget grass, seaweed & debris fouling in the waves.

(*member formerly known as 'garycunn)'

On 7/9/2024 at 12:44 PM, Livliner said:

Man, Skunkoff putting in the time wow! Me not so much. Discouraging June for me should have triple my numbers for time spent. 

Hitting ledges in an hour, might as well try high tide & high sun. Morning & sunset not woking out, oh yeau lets not forget grass, seaweed & debris fouling in the waves.

More weeds on outgoing.  Incoming tends to clean up a bit.  Guess it depends on location. 

9 hours ago, Skunkoff said:

More weeds on outgoing.  Incoming tends to clean up a bit.  Guess it depends on location. 

Weeds opposite here, outgoing best for fewer weeds, but fish prefer incoming. Fish are in harbor and estuaries on incoming , top, metal and chunks are barely worth the effort. There more minnows or what ever about 2” on on surface. Commorants and ducks , not seagulls or stripers??????

2 hours ago, RAW said:

Weeds opposite here, outgoing best for fewer weeds, but fish prefer incoming. Fish are in harbor and estuaries on incoming , top, metal and chunks are barely worth the effort. There more minnows or what ever about 2” on on surface. Commorants and ducks , not seagulls or stripers??????

How are the seals around there?  Last year took the kayak in there, and was surrounded by them.

1 hour ago, BassRashThumb said:

3 big. This was the biggest. 

This year's daytime big fish bite on lures is unreal. The slot is doing its work! IMG_0544.jpeg.42d97958743a6276b9cd486e34b945c3.jpeg

IMG_0543.jpeg.3af1f95cb639a385faca4c97fcb3255c.jpeg

Very nice, you found the ticket

Ran out after work yesterday, found massive schools of juvi herring being harassed by birds and bass. 

The fish were either extremely picky, or my fly was just 1 meal amongst a million others. Hooked up a couple times but landed 1. 26”ish maybe. The bite has been very predictable, however the blitzes tend to only be in range during higher water, for me anyway. 

The Black Flag comes in many colorsM. Malice