Delmarva Fishin' Reports - July 2024

Rate this topic

21 hours ago, spinr0k said:

Its a good day to test out your new rig.   Cut off those kingfish or spot heads and chunk them out to test how far you can throw with it,  I found 6oz was holding this weekend on my drum rigs.

That's just what I did Spinr!   Didn't worry so much about distance tho. I was just trying to get the feel of the set. up and left the mags on full. My biggest issue seems to be I lose sight of the payload to know when to feather the spool! If we'd get some cooler weather I'd take it out and practice up here. 

Just a heads up if you go out on the OSV this weekend,  don't stop going up the exit hill or you will get stuck.  It is so messed up from traffic and people getting stuck the sand has nothing below it, it's all been dug up so your spinning on super soft sand.

I would recommend stopping a little ways back (so you can get speed) before going up the hill and verifying no one is stuck at the top of the hill blocking you from exiting.   Its a royal mess, especially bad during the weekends.  

Hopefully the rain in the forecast will help pack it back down.

Where the hell were y'all? It was a good day at the beach. Got 2 gallons of sandfleas but the surf was a situation.

"The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before,
the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat."
Jacques Cousteau

34 mins ago, Frank2104 said:

I was amazed at how many fleas I got in 2 scoops Tuesday!

Took me about an hour to get the ones I got.

If any of you live line Spot, PM me, I know where you can get all of the 4" Spot you could ever want if you can throw a cast net. I was amazed at the number I got in just 4 throws of the net.

Jacques Cousteau

We're gonna hit the Verazano bridge Friday weather permitting. I got some crabs from a guy to try for Sheepies. His brother got a limit off the bridge yesterday morning.

Jacques Cousteau

I'll be at the Southport launch tomorrow. Looks like the wind isn't going to be an issue.

Jacques Cousteau