Delmarva Fishin' Reports - July 2024

Rate this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it?  ;) 

Summer is here, and the beach is open....

12 hours ago, luckyOC said:

Pretty rare thing, hope it stays open. 
In 2004 it was open in early July when they told us to move north because things were drying up and the plovers started feeding on the ocean side. 
So if you can, take advantage of the open beach!

ASSUME NOTHING

21 hours ago, luckyOC said:

Good. The wife and I are visiting the MD side to fish for the first time over the holiday weekend. I'm sure it will be a s***show, so at least we can spread out and hopefully avoid the people just lounging on the beach. 

Still plenty of spot, small croaker and flounder out back.

There some mullet around too.  Not much, but they are here.

Dad hooked into a huge ray last night that decided to do one hell of an acrobatic display till the hook finally straightened enough to pull it.

Last night's sunset

IMG_20240703_020632_494.jpg

13 hours ago, BLilly said:

Good. The wife and I are visiting the MD side to fish for the first time over the holiday weekend. I'm sure it will be a s***show, so at least we can spread out and hopefully avoid the people just lounging on the beach. 

Against my better judgment and with a strong push from the kids we are going to attempt to hit the VA side tomorrow morning.  I have my doubts but we will see what happens

3 hours ago, DerrickT said:

Still plenty of spot, small croaker and flounder out back.

There some mullet around too.  Not much, but they are here.

Dad hooked into a huge ray last night that decided to do one hell of an acrobatic display till the hook finally straightened enough to pull it.

Last night's sunset

IMG_20240703_020632_494.jpg

I've had cownose out jump a marlin.  

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

I got to fish the beach today!  Happens rarely anymore.  I need a little help with ID.  I’ve never caught this type of Ray before.  Any ideas?  The eyes were striking.  Huge.  Looks like this guy belongs in deep water.  I was looking through Atlantic Ocean ray species and I didn’t see it.  Where’s Dave?  He’s caught everything.  Twice.

Anyway, my son and I were out for 5 hours or so.  Whiting bite was awesome.  Kept 20 for tacos and sandwiches.  Easily could have had twice that.  They wanted meat.  Give them meat.

IMG_2294.jpeg

9 mins ago, KOSS said:

I got to fish the beach today!  Happens rarely anymore.  I need a little help with ID.  I’ve never caught this type of Ray before.  Any ideas?  The eyes were striking.  Huge.  Looks like this guy belongs in deep water.  I was looking through Atlantic Ocean ray species and I didn’t see it.  Where’s Dave?  He’s caught everything.  Twice.

Anyway, my son and I were out for 5 hours or so.  Whiting bite was awesome.  Kept 20 for tacos and sandwiches.  Easily could have had twice that.  They wanted meat.  Give them meat.

IMG_2294.jpeg

Bat ray

10 mins ago, KOSS said:

IMG_2294.jpeg

Bull ray, also called an eagle ray