Redfin 2.0 petition

Rate this topic

There was (is) a thru-wired (I'd guess for tuna) heavy duty rf on steroids about 8" or 9" and about 2 oz (specs from memory) made by Yozuri. I was gifted one years ago by a guy into offshore. Straight from Japan I believe, I couldn't read a thing. Likely he is a member here. The plug did not have a weight transfer system, but that's of little concern, and seemed to be manufactured from polycarbonate (Lexan). The plug hanger links were radiused enough to allow two #6 splits on each link with full movement without binding and it swam great? with two - 5/0 trebles, the only minnow plug I ever used to do so. 

I never caught a single fish on it despite trying it many times. The point I'm trying to make is you can't turn an apple into an orange, even in 2024. The rf, in my opinion and never mentioned other than by myself, the reason it is so deadly is obvious. RF's are the only minnow plug, not Rebels, Hellcats (I know manufacturing has changed since Pradco takeover) or any other brand that retains a fully encapsulated rf's amount worth of AIR and this is the secret. Any other type of manufacture does not due to internal changes that negate or reduce the amount of air trapped inside. The air provides the resistance as the floating plug attempts to dive. Loading techniques that in turn "take away air space" change this parameter and are the reason that guys who loaded "certain" ways had better results than others. Same reason a chrome unloaded rf casts worse than a painted unloaded rf while a loaded chrome rf casts better than a painted loaded rf of the same overall weight.

Who thinks the "new" thru-wired Rebel Windcheater (Pradco, made of Polycarbonates) is as good as the original. 100% different plug using a long proven name to increase sales.

Edited by SC

Ok, forget it! I specifically asked for a “yes” if you’d like to see an updated and or extra large 9” model. I should have known that this was going to get high jacked be naysayers, know it all’s, and $%!t talkers. If you don’t like the idea, you could have just kept your two cents in your pocket….but who could resist running their mouth on the internet? Not fishermen! A few of you make valid points and have good insights…but that’s not what I asked for. Not trying to design the lure (that comes later) I’m just trying to get the ball rolling. It’s easy to ruin what someone is trying to do when you don’t have to look them in the eye. Great job! ;) Closed

"just one more cast... she's out there, I KNOW IT!"

• DerrickT locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • DerrickT unlocked this topic

This is supposed to be a petition. If you support the idea, you can say yes and maybe share which sizes or colors you’d really like to see. If you want to talk about why you don’t like the idea…start your own thread. It’s simple. I think it’s disrespectful to completely ignore the heading and treat it like a debate or an opinion pole. Opinions are like a$$#*\€s… and the fishing community is full of both. They often feel the need to assert their “expert opinions“ completely unsolicited. If you want to butt in on conversations and give your two cents, try doing it at a bar and see how that works out for ya. I learned a long time ago that nobody wants to hear my opinion unless they ask for it. 
It’s your thread now. Enjoy 

On 7/1/2024 at 1:59 PM, XBMX said:

The biggest stumbling block is the cost of making new molds, enormous expense. Most likely decision would be add a weight transfer chamber and thru wire to the existing 5 1/4in and 7in sizes. Secret is adding a minimal amount of weight, but one that quickly transfers as not to upset the lures tracking plain. Most likely would be converting the mold from hook hangers to thru wire which would be relatively inexpensive, and giving the Sales Department a hugh new marketing tool. Result, a vastly stronger proven catcher still modifiable for us tinkerers.

Yes, this!

The hook hangers do rip out on rare occasionally and they also leak when loaded with liquids. A through wire along the bottom edge of the plug would get the belly hook hanger out of the way to allow for a weight transfer system. This would also help them to be able to market the plug for big game species.

I’m indeed saddened that any of my comments detracted from your intent.  Anyone who has ever followed past RedFin threads on SOL will confirm that I’m one of the biggest RedFin champions posting. Do a search.