Redfin 2.0 petition

Rate this topic

Comment “Yes “ if you want to see 5”, 6”, 7” & 9” Thru-wired Redfins with weight transfer system, heavy splits & 4x VMCs and maybe some new paint schemes…
I’ve already pitched the idea to them and they seem to be considering it.

I’d like to be able to present this as a petition to help convince Cotton Cordell that this would be a good selling lure. So let’s keep the comments short and positive please.
Let’s make this happen!!!!

Thanks SOL!

"just one more cast... she's out there, I KNOW IT!"

… And obviously we want the same action you would expect from a well loaded redfin with improved casting distance and beefed up hardware ready to fish straight out of the package.

1 min ago, fishfinderct said:

“ straight out of the package” 

16 mins ago, ASrod said:

Ron Redington already did that

He doesn’t have a weight transfer system and you can’t buy it off the shelf at your local tackle shop. I like what he does but not everybody wants to spend that kind of money and wait for a plastic lure 

The biggest stumbling block is the cost of making new molds, enormous expense. Most likely decision would be add a weight transfer chamber and thru wire to the existing 5 1/4in and 7in sizes. Secret is adding a minimal amount of weight, but one that quickly transfers as not to upset the lures tracking plain. Most likely would be converting the mold from hook hangers to thru wire which would be relatively inexpensive, and giving the Sales Department a hugh new marketing tool. Result, a vastly stronger proven catcher still modifiable for us tinkerers.

43 mins ago, XBMX said:

The biggest stumbling block is the cost of making new molds, enormous expense. Most likely decision would be add a weight transfer chamber and thru wire to the existing 5 1/4in and 7in sizes. Secret is adding a minimal amount of weight, but one that quickly transfers as not to upset the lures tracking plain. Most likely would be converting the mold from hook hangers to thru wire which would be relatively inexpensive, and giving the Sales Department a hugh new marketing tool. Result, a vastly stronger proven catcher still modifiable for us tinkerers.

Hi X -  do you remember if the old discontinued weighted CD9 5 inch 1 ounce (stout?) and CX10 7 inch 2 ounce Redfins were thru-wired? I do remember that they were not as popular. 

17 mins ago, DZ said:

Hi X -  do you remember if the old discontinued weighted CD9 5 inch 1 ounce (stout?) and CX10 7 inch 2 ounce Redfins were thru-wired? I do remember that they were not as popular. 

I never cut either open to inspect. I suspect the CD9 was wired with the swivel mounted on same. As to popularly, even the early 5 1/4in CO9's which were screw eye hangers obtained popularity because they swam much higher that the first stick baits of the day, the Repala. Neither of them swam as well as the original design, both dug in deeper but did produce in a strong current.

9 mins ago, XBMX said:

I never cut either open to inspect. I suspect the CD9 was wired with the swivel mounted on same. As to popularly, even the early 5 1/4in CO9's which were screw eye hangers obtained popularity because they swam much higher that the first stick baits of the day, the Repala. Neither of them swam as well as the original design, both dug in deeper but did produce in a strong current.

Yep - I did much better with the 5 inch weighted model than with the 7 inch weighted model . 

Unless something changed recently, Pradco owns CC. I tried hard to do something similar years back regarding the Rebel Windcheater of the 70’s. No interest on behalf of Pradco. I do wish you luck and I would be interested. 

2 hours ago, DZ said:

Two different animals. The 5" stout was thru-wired with a really tiny swivel. I don't think it floated but can't be sure. The CX10, 7" 2oz wasn't thru wired, it was a regular rf with a lead ball located internally on each side of the interior belly link. I think the actual weight was about 1 5/8 oz. No comparison to the traditional loaded rf's as the weight was fixed and fixed amid-ships, all it did was run too deep in my opinion. That plug was part of Cordell's "tailwaters" series marketed to freshwater guys fishing the dam "tailwaters".

1 min ago, SC said:

Two different animals. The 5" stout was thru-wired with a really tiny swivel. I don't think it floated but can't be sure. The CX10, 7" 2oz wasn't thru wired, it was a regular rf with a lead ball located internally on each side of the interior belly link. I think the actual weight was about 1 5/8 oz. No comparison to the traditional loaded rf's as the weight was fixed and fixed amid-ships, all it did was run too deep in my opinion. That plug was part of Cordell's "tailwaters" series marketed to freshwater guys fishing the dam "tailwaters".

Thanks Steve. 

• DerrickT locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • DerrickT unlocked this topic