July 2024 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Hopefully I am able to put the waders away now until the fall.  Water temp was comfortable this morning and the surf was up again making it look very fishy.  I just couldn't find them, well, except for one short fluke.  That was the only hit all morning.  Guess this spotty fishing is what we will have to endure until the fall.  Just have to hope when they make the move south, they don't follow the same track as the spring.

37 mins ago, MC55 said:

Hopefully I am able to put the waders away now until the fall.  Water temp was comfortable this morning and the surf was up again making it look very fishy.  I just couldn't find them, well, except for one short fluke.  That was the only hit all morning.  Guess this spotty fishing is what we will have to endure until the fall.  Just have to hope when they make the move south, they don't follow the same track as the spring.

Bare footing it yet?

Yesterday AM, first fluke attempt out front this summer, instead got my first ever July bass on a jerk shad.  24”, hit at the lip.  Made the day because it was another futile fluke outing.  Nothing in the surf, went to old faithful in the back, 3 shorts, nothing anywhere else I checked.

Summary of other unreported trips: clean water, copious short fluke, 0 keepers besides the ones I got before the season started.  Trying to maintain positive attitude.

Tins=Wins

21 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

The water temp has been nice… but I just checked the forecast… welcome back south wind— Errrr hopefully it doesn’t have an effect on the temp 

Surf report- Water temp did drop a touch, but not as bad as anticipated with all the south wind yesterday… 

i did see 2 ospreys catch 2 small fluke at low tide- pretty cool to see! One was about 10ft from me 

https://cnrma.cnic.navy.mil/Portals/81/WPNSTA_Earle/Documents/11015_1T SALTWATER FISHING PROGRAM.pdf?ver=OPpqNjdNXtzcMCC5pe7cNA%3d%3d

This link gives you the regs for fishing from that pier. Long story short -- active or retired military, contractors, and employees assigned to the pier/Earle. And a guest. Yeah, if you know someone that qualifies, they can take you there if you don't qualify.

Edited by Mike

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

22 mins ago, Mike said:

https://cnrma.cnic.navy.mil/Portals/81/WPNSTA_Earle/Documents/11015_1T SALTWATER FISHING PROGRAM.pdf?ver=OPpqNjdNXtzcMCC5pe7cNA%3d%3d

This link gives you the regs for fishing from that pier. Long story short -- active or retired military, contractors, and employees assigned to the pier/Earle. And a guest. Yeah, if you know someone that qualifies, they can take you there if you don't qualify.

I'll make it even shorter for you. NO!

2 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

Surf report- Water temp did drop a touch, but not as bad as anticipated with all the south wind yesterday… 

i did see 2 ospreys catch 2 small fluke at low tide- pretty cool to see! One was about 10ft from me 

I’ve seen more ospreys coming up with fluke this year.

32 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

I’ve seen more ospreys coming up with fluke this year.

I had noticed where I fish from surf last couple years and it appears that the larger fish may be aware of this and no longer hang just off the lips. Or maybe something else but sure don’t seem to be in close like used to be

15 hours ago, Mike said:

15 hours ago, hobobob said:

I'll make it even shorter for you. NO!

When I worked at Ft. Monmouth, I had security clearance, and the badge.

LOL..Hobo thanks for your brevity, a man of few words, much appreciated.......you should write Haiku.

I'm back from vacation and will begin fishing again shortly.Don't want to seem like and idiot but where can i go to find the water temperature along the Ocean County beaches?