Is it ethical in continuing to target Striped Bass?

Rate this topic

8 mins ago, afterhours said:

GAMEFISH STATUS...PERIOD.

Gamefish status with a recreational harvest still permitted is just a quota grab.  

Gamefish status with 0 harvest by both recreational and commercial is the only way it works in my mind.  If we were to go with no harvest, then I’d just want a true moratorium… that way it’s easy enough to go back during booming years.

6 mins ago, bob_G said:

I didn't mean to focus on the fact the man's English was poor.  But Z, you are absolutely right.

Regardless of what language you speak, does it not occur to you that there might be rules and regulations?  But in spite of the fact the DMF sign was a mere few feet away, they all refused to acknowledge it.   The only reason that fish went back was because they were outnumbered, and made it clear it can't be kept.

There is no enforcement. It's too bad but it is not a priority for the small number of EPO's. People that love fishing the CCC worry about it but that's it. Don't get me wrong  the way things have become ruined my favorite happy place and I am devastated over it. My sports fun was taken away never to come back again and most don't give a rat's ass. As a hunter and a fisherman being able to release a great fish was a joy that can't be done harvesting a big buck that brought a lot of joy to me but sadness too when you end the life of such a great creature.

20 mins ago, bob_G said:

I didn't mean to focus on the fact the man's English was poor.  But Z, you are absolutely right.

Regardless of what language you speak, does it not occur to you that there might be rules and regulations?  But in spite of the fact the DMF sign was a mere few feet away, they all refused to acknowledge it.   The only reason that fish went back was because they were outnumbered, and made it clear it can't be kept.

Even if they don’t know English well I’m sure they all had a smartphone that can translate the sign for them. 

I'm so glad I don't give a flying ****

It's just like saying I'm not going to commercial fish

I got ****ing news for you, there's this thing called a quota, it's going to be made with or with out you.

If I had a boat I'd go right back to it.

If I had to vote on making these things a game fish I'd vote for it.

And by the way you outa state bums. 

Go home...

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

3 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Fishing sucks boohoo

Suck it up you puzzles lol

Shut the **** up and fish

Some of these posts are ****ing retarded.

:laugh:

Just now, The Riddler said:

:laugh:

Seriously,  I just came home to lazy to drive to chase these things .

I super tuned a needle and rebuilt it.

2nd cast I git a monster. That thing musta been damn near 22 inches lol.

I had fish blowing up on front of me bout 70 feet further than my **** box van stooge could cast.

Fishin is slow ****it.

Better than last night lol

**** that hill.....

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif

43 mins ago, bassmaster said:

I'm so glad I don't give a flying ****

It's just like saying I'm not going to commercial fish

I got ****ing news for you, there's this thing called a quota, it's going to be made with or with out you.

If I had a boat I'd go right back to it.

If I had to vote on making these things a game fish I'd vote for it.

And by the way you outa state bums. 

Go home...

41 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Fishing sucks boohoo

Suck it up you puzzles lol

Shut the **** up and fish

Some of these posts are ****ing retarded.

33 mins ago, bassmaster said:

Seriously,  I just came home to lazy to drive to chase these things .

I super tuned a needle and rebuilt it.

2nd cast I git a monster. That thing musta been damn near 22 inches lol.

I had fish blowing up on front of me bout 70 feet further than my **** box van stooge could cast.

Fishin is slow ****it.

Better than last night lol

**** that hill.....

Manzi,

Maybe you shouldn't drink caffeinated coffee this late at night?

The Sultan of Sluggo

23 hours ago, The Riddler said:

This is a Striped Bass website. What you are doing is putting Striped Bass on some type of moral high ground. I think you should sell all your gear in the BST forum, Donate a portion to "are" Humbled Headed Tyrant and Leader and buy yourself some cameras. We will survive. 

saved me from typing.

All these 3 rd world crap hole country illegal invaders had no rules regarding conservation and when they fish they kept EVERY SINGLE THING no matter size or species.  They aren't aware of rules because there were none where they came from   Not aware , can't speak so they can't read our language and have been slaughtering for ever. Thats what we are up against. How do we fix that ?  I don't want to make this political but it is. 

7 hours ago, bob_G said:

Manzi,

Maybe you shouldn't drink caffeinated coffee this late at night?

Or could be stronger stuff? Just saying ;)

Pfantum Pfishah