Tips for Maine

Rate this topic

Goldy

Stay clear of danger. 

Edited by jmlandru
Incomplete thought

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose

Don’t shower and dress like a filthy hippie. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Might head up there end of august with wife and kid. Kid will be 7.  

Who has some good tips.  Anyone local?   

It’s pretty busy in August. Might be tough to find a place to stay if you haven’t booked by now. A cottage on a lake is my recommendation. The Belgrade Lakes area is nice. 

IMG_20200725_153526-01-01.jpeg.aea466298a0bbe377e33aae591db551a.jpegBeen twice a week at a clip. First time in Kennebunkport. Second in Acadia area. 

First time we went to Old Orchard Beach, Portland and a bunch of other towns local to Kennebunkport. Stayed in a house right on the water. It was beautiful. 

Second time, stayed in a house in Trenton, just outside Mt Desert Island. Another great house and property, right on the water. Short drive to Acadia and Bar Harbor. We spent the whole week kayaking and hiking. Amazing! 

IMG_20200729_094900-01.jpeg

IMG_20200730_172836-01.jpeg

IMG_20200728_203931-01-01.jpeg

IMG_20200731_204358-02.jpeg

IMG_20200730_145711-01.jpeg

Maine has the best lobster; incorporate it into every meal.  Very good oysters.  The seafood is excellent up there.  Lots of good craft beers.  Good weed stores for the hippies.  I have friends that used to own a Bed and Breakfast in Booth Bay Harbor.  As someone stated, finding a place to stay at this point will be difficult in desired destinations. You will be paying top rates.  The ocean is too cold for swimming.  Mainiacs are a special breed.  It’s a beautiful state in some spots. 

"A successful man is one who can lay a strong foundation with the bricks thrown at him."- David Brinkley

6 hours ago, fishinambition said:

We climbed Mt katahdin a bunch of times the first day we were there. Drank the mountain water right from a steam at the base and pooped hot liquid for 3 days. 

Probably Beaver fever---Giardia.  

8 hours ago, EBHarvey said:

what part of maine?  it matters.....

Southern I would say.  Wife and my sister booked a trip to pa so we would be leaving from poconos instead of Jersey. 

would love the cliff house in maine but the prices are so insane its not practical 

6 hours ago, z-man said:

It’s pretty busy in August. Might be tough to find a place to stay if you haven’t booked by now. A cottage on a lake is my recommendation. The Belgrade Lakes area is nice. 

Want to be ocean side.   

6 hours ago, Scallywag said:

IMG_20200725_153526-01-01.jpeg.aea466298a0bbe377e33aae591db551a.jpegBeen twice a week at a clip. First time in Kennebunkport. Second in Acadia area. 

First time we went to Old Orchard Beach, Portland and a bunch of other towns local to Kennebunkport. Stayed in a house right on the water. It was beautiful. 

Second time, stayed in a house in Trenton, just outside Mt Desert Island. Another great house and property, right on the water. Short drive to Acadia and Bar Harbor. We spent the whole week kayaking and hiking. Amazing! 

IMG_20200729_094900-01.jpeg

IMG_20200730_172836-01.jpeg

IMG_20200728_203931-01-01.jpeg

IMG_20200731_204358-02.jpeg

IMG_20200730_145711-01.jpeg

Looks awesome.  I might pm ya for details.   Btw did you see the bagel nook is coming by us on 34 where clucku was.  

1 hour ago, splions said:

Maine has the best lobster; incorporate it into every meal.  Very good oysters.  The seafood is excellent up there.  Lots of good craft beers.  Good weed stores for the hippies.  I have friends that used to own a Bed and Breakfast in Booth Bay Harbor.  As someone stated, finding a place to stay at this point will be difficult in desired destinations. You will be paying top rates.  The ocean is too cold for swimming.  Mainiacs are a special breed.  It’s a beautiful state in some spots. 

Is it a good place for a 7 yr old. Thats the question