Around 20 nautical miles from Hyannis to Nantucket?

Rate this topic

Think he could've made it?

This guy was a mile and a half off the beach just east of Hyannis. Headed south. We turned him back north and followed him back to the beach. If we let him continue south and he had the correct heading what are the odds he'd get there? I'd think pretty low, but they do swim a lot better than you'd think.

20240616_142505.jpg

I'll have mine on the rocks.

deer hair is hollow and helps them float but their feet are not made for swimming and they do tire fast we turn 5 back to monomoy once when we came across them in the sound when they hit the beach they just fell in the sand they were so tired.

11 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

Think he could've made it?

This guy was a mile and a half off the beach just east of Hyannis. Headed south. We turned him back north and followed him back to the beach. If we let him continue south and he had the correct heading what are the odds he'd get there? I'd think pretty low, but they do swim a lot better than you'd think.

20240616_142505.jpg

In another life time deer have swam from Scusset beach to Ptown . WE once had a buck that would take a swim every spring and fall in the canal on the east end . The Buck with a huge rack was killed in auto hit on6a a few years back . A thing of beauty for sure, like when an eagle decided to fly from side to side one morning mid canal in search of food a number of years ago. It managed to pick up a herring as I recall. Peace and Prayers

Edited by Angler #1

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

1 hour ago, WorcBoy said:

Maybe he was heading Cisco Brewery searching for does.

What did the one doe say to the other?"

"That's the last time I do THAT for a buck!"

Edited by Jeff270

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?