RI Fish Report Blog, June 17 - June 23

Rate this topic

The Rhode Island Fish Blog was created as a common communal gathering place to share and report weekly fishing activity.

Having this information rightly available in one weekly thread benefits those who greatly use this RI forum and ply our local waters with a fishing rod.

The premise is to gather all weekly reports into one common portal, thus making it easy to access, view and add your own reports and comments.   

This is the seventh year for this unique approach. Please post your success or skunks, either way, black or white, zero to hero, let us all share this information.  

Fresh, factual information is one of the best sources of Intel we have for better fishing tomorrow.

The day after Father's Day! 

Happy Fishing!

Nothing flies by me without a hook!
If my fly is down, That's a good thing.

Public Access.....It's a shore thing. My daily requirement of "Vitamin Sea".

Capt. Ray Stachelek

With how slow the reports threads are its either lights out fishing or its reeeeeaaaaally slow.  Its been a grind on my end, and now with the heat the motivation is tougher to find.

5 hours ago, Kooky said:

With how slow the reports threads are its either lights out fishing or its reeeeeaaaaally slow.  Its been a grind on my end, and now with the heat the motivation is tougher to find.

Don’t worry you aren’t missing anything, the big fish are already in Maine , and the ones your seeing around here are few and far in between also coming from boats 

Started about 930 pm last night. Caught 2 slot fish within 15 minutes on sluggo jigs. Fished until 1130 and didn’t get anything else. There was some small stuff slurping on the surface. I didn’t have any flys or tiny offerings. Tried a zoom fluke and got tapped a few times but no hookup.  

Not much in lower bay  near low tide last night. One typical schoolie and a few hits and drops. Conditions were pretty good and not super warm or humid yet. But still very little bait around to draw the fish in. Bright moon out. 

Gonna try a higher tide stage in a few days and maybe switch up locations a bit.

Pfantum Pfishah

Half inch to inch long bait everywhere the past few nights. Looked rather wide bellied so assuming juvy herring/peanut type of bait rather than silverside.

Did well on decent sized shad and some schoolies with a few bigger fish in the mix but couldn't get them to bite. Threw one of my shad back and it got stunned when it hit the water. I turned my head for a second, heard a pop, and saw a bass slurp it down out of the corner of my eye. Tried everything from a 2" surf candy to a tiny crease fly to a small hollow fly, no dice.

Going to tie up some tiny dock lights style flies to see if they'll do the trick.

i Fished first lite to sunrise this am at a well known spot behind a south country beach. I often see small Sand ells and fish breaking in this spot. None seen. Managed one small shad. 

Then Went to a south county beach.  Caught none with flyrod. Others caught a couple of sea robins 

Edited by Doc of the Bay