Should the NBA include the ABA stats to their records?

Rate this topic

Hook I

The 4 ABA teams did become NBA teams , 2024 MLB now recognized the Negro League stats to MLB records NCAA now recognized woman’s all time points leader vs mens NCAA records 

:why: :headscratch:

If it has fins i want to catch it 

I'm not against it unless proven otherwise that there's a gross disparity between the two leagues....at this point in time it would make sense, seeing most of the elite players played in both. 

Dr J Jam  Nets 2024.jpg

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

24 mins ago, flylikabird said:

I'm not against it unless proven otherwise that there's a gross disparity between the two leagues....at this point in time it would make sense, seeing most of the elite players played in both. 

Dr J Jam  Nets 2024.jpg

^^^^^ this

The ABA was absorbed into the NBA because they were good enough, so the stats are meaningful.

Anyone who was around to watch the ABA knows it was at least as good, and had some new twists that were adopted by the NBA too!

Fair enough to recognize the 4 ABA teams that became  NBA franchises but the other 8 or whatever didn't make the grade. They had talented teams but early on were a weaker league than the NBA. Dr. J. led them out of the minors.

For the above reason I say no, it wasn't accomplished in the NBA, therefore it cannot be an NBA record, not fair to all the players that have records..

Next, are we are going to try and put Ichiro in front of Pete Rose for most hits in a career, because he had a load in Japan before becoming an American Leaguer, great player but leave your Japanese records  at home.  

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

The above comment is another sport all together, not apples to apples......more like apples to sushi.  Furthermore I think the analogy just doesn't seem to hold much water.

The ABA league had games played here on US soil under the scrutiny of Americans at that time.  The rules were basically the same and obviously  it's a sport spawned in our great nation.      

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty basic actually, regardless of where the games were played and who witnessed them, they were not NBA games, therefore any stats or records established are ABA records not NBA. NBA records begin when they started playing NBA opponents.

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM