Pretty good morning.

Rate this topic

Left the house at 0300. got onto the beach about a half hour later. Just starting to get light when not forty feet in front of me the water erupted. Big school of bass on some kind of bait. I tossed my crab fly into the melee and let it sink to bottom. One strip and hooked up. Wicked strong fish took off in a fast run. Got me into my backing before I could stop it.We battled for a good five minutes before i got her to hand. Near 30 inches and really fat. Nice.

Moved around a little and was soon into another nice fish. Pretty much the same as the first ! This was repeated five more times. All were in the low thirties and full of fight.

Best morning so far this season !:)

14 mins ago, Mainiac said:

Left the house at 0300. got onto the beach about a half hour later. Just starting to get light when not forty feet in front of me the water erupted. Big school of bass on some kind of bait. I tossed my crab fly into the melee and let it sink to bottom. One strip and hooked up. Wicked strong fish took off in a fast run. Got me into my backing before I could stop it.We battled for a good five minutes before i got her to hand. Near 30 inches and really fat. Nice.

Moved around a little and was soon into another nice fish. Pretty much the same as the first ! This was repeated five more times. All were in the low thirties and full of fight.

Best morning so far this season !:)

Good catching, reports like yours will keep me at it. Fish same areas but my season starting off slow. 

(*member formerly known as 'garycunn)'

10 hours ago, drmevo said:

Had a great morning fishing down in the NH/ME area with fish up to the mid-30’s. One striper coughed up what appeared to be a Brit herring, so that may have been the predominant bait down this way. 

Kayak or shore?