Wet wading, jellyfish & pantyhose

Rate this topic

PSeggs

I hate wearing waders.  If I can wet wade I do.  My issue is being diabetic & jellyfish stings.  Few years back I almost landed in the hospital with jellyfish stings becoming infected. 

So I heard that regular pantyhose work for jellyfish prevention.  Any truth to this?

I have no qualms about wearing them if it works.    

Posted (edited)

I pee alot.  Can I pee in a wetsuit?  Plus I rarely go over my waist.   Never thought about wetsuits cause I'm a really bad swimmer. I'll die. 

RN  I'm cruising Amazon and see thigh high compression socks.  That might work.  And under $20. 

For the record.  They weren't even cool jellies.  Microscopic juvie jellys.  

Edited by PSeggs

7 mins ago, PSeggs said:

I pee alot.  Can I pee in a wetsuit?  Plus I rarely go over my waist.   Never thought about wetsuits cause I'm a really bad swimmer. I'll die. 

RN  I'm cruising Amazon and see thigh high compression socks.  That might work.  And under $20. 

For the record.  They weren't even cool jellies.  Microscopic juvie jellys.  

Of course you can piss in a wetsuit, that’s honestly one of the best parts of a wetsuit vs waders haha. Also, if you’re a shitty swimmer a wetsuit helps a little because it has some buoyancy. 

4 mins ago, OnlyDinks said:

Of course you can piss in a wetsuit, that’s honestly one of the best parts of a wetsuit vs waders haha. Also, if you’re a shitty swimmer a wetsuit helps a little because it has some buoyancy. 

Thanks.  Never really thought about wetsuits. 

Zero experience. 

Diabetic also.

Aside from jelly fish there is bad bacteria in the water.

Being your immune compromised I suggest the waders.

Just picked up some nasty crap on my elbow just from wading, can’t imagine this on the family jewels.

IMG_0052.jpeg

13 mins ago, LowEnd said:

Diabetic also.

Aside from jelly fish there is bad bacteria in the water.

Being your immune compromised I suggest the waders.

Just picked up some nasty crap on my elbow just from wading, can’t imagine this on the family jewels.

IMG_0052.jpeg

Looks like poison ivy

troll #122  <*)))<

31 mins ago, PSeggs said:

Thanks.  Never really thought about wetsuits. 

Zero experience. 

Just make sure you give it a rinse and hang it to dry after you’ve been pissing in it all night haha. One or two times a year I’ll give it wash with a wetsuit shampoo if I remember or it gets super funky. If you have sensitive skin/skin issues you may want to keep yours a little cleaner. 

pinging @RiverCommando215 :ballgag:

but really a wet suit is great. Especially if you are fishing rocky shores. 

I personally prefer korker socks + boots + fishing clothing OR wetsuit before I put on waders. But waders do have their time and place.

No personal experience with pantyhose.

B'Nuggets with the Asian.

(*member formerly known as 'imdannoir')

I wet wade a lot both fresh and salt, I wear a pair of lite nylon convertible “fishing” pants and “performance” type underwear also nylon/spandex. The stuff takes on little water and drys very fast.

Edited by Inshore

"Only through movement will you achieve victory"