Littma rods

Rate this topic

Superday

I have a few of them and in my opinion, they are excellent rods for the money.

Would I put them against some of the cutting edge gear that I read about here?
Absolutely not.

But for someone starting out or for someone not needing to have expensive, best of the best gear, I think you’ll be happy with Littma rods.

6 hours ago, jimmy z said:

I have one, a 10' casting rod. No problem. Decent for the cost.:howdy:

Hey there, thanks a bunch for the info on Littma rods! Good to hear they're decent for the cost. Thinking I might snag one for myself. Much obliged for the recommendation! :thanks:

14 hours ago, valentine said:

I have a few of them and in my opinion, they are excellent rods for the money.

Would I put them against some of the cutting edge gear that I read about here?
Absolutely not.

But for someone starting out or for someone not needing to have expensive, best of the best gear, I think you’ll be happy with Littma rods.

Well hot dang, appreciate the insight, partner! Sounds like Littma rods are solid bang for the buck, perfect for us folks just getting our feet wet in the fishing game. Ain't gotta break the bank to land some good ol' fishin' fun with those rods, huh? :agree:

9 hours ago, Superday said:

Well hot dang, appreciate the insight, partner! Sounds like Littma rods are solid bang for the buck, perfect for us folks just getting our feet wet in the fishing game. Ain't gotta break the bank to land some good ol' fishin' fun with those rods, huh? :agree:

It can be dangerous coming to a fishing site like this because you can easily be overwhelmed by the fancy, expensive gear people talk about.

If you have the disposable income and want the best of the best, then treat yourself go for the expensive stuff.

On the other  hand, if you have other responsibilities like bills and a family and you still want to put food on your table then a more modest approach to gear acquisition is in order.

I’m getting old and have been fishing over 50 years.

I’ve used cheap stuff to ridiculously overpriced stuff.

With my skills and abilities, which are pretty good by the way, I can’t honestly say that an ultra expensive rod is that much  better than  one that’s affordable to the masses.

At least not in my hands.

I have many custom rods and one of my favorites is still one I bought on sale during the off season over 20 years ago.

It had a broken guide and the shop owner gave me a new guide and the rod for  something like $15.

I fixed it up and it’s been catching fish for my family ever since.

It’s  not a bragging rod except to brag about how little it cost and how well it performs.

I think Littma rods are in that same category.

They don’t cost much but will perform very well for most anglers.

If I had limited funds to put together a fishing outfit, I’d put most of my money into a quality reel.

Then I’d get an affordable rod like Littma, Tsunami,or one of the many other inexpensive yet high performing rods that are out there.

Good luck and have fun building your tackle arsenal.

10 hours ago, valentine said:

It can be dangerous coming to a fishing site like this because you can easily be overwhelmed by the fancy, expensive gear people talk about.

If you have the disposable income and want the best of the best, then treat yourself go for the expensive stuff.

On the other  hand, if you have other responsibilities like bills and a family and you still want to put food on your table then a more modest approach to gear acquisition is in order.

With my skills and abilities, which are pretty good by the way, I can’t honestly say that an ultra expensive rod is that much  better than  one that’s affordable to the masses.

I have many custom rods and one of my favorites is still one I bought on sale during the off season over 20 years ago.

It had a broken guide and the shop owner gave me a new guide and the rod for  something like $15.

It’s  not a bragging rod except to brag about how little it cost and how well it performs.

If I had limited funds to put together a fishing outfit, I’d put most of my money into a quality reel.

Then I’d get an affordable rod like Littma, Tsunami,or one of the many other inexpensive yet high performing rods that are out there.

I totally feel you on that. As someone who's still paying off loans, I know the importance of saving money wherever you can. That's why Littma rods really caught my eye - they're affordable and get the job done. It's awesome to meet experienced anglers like yourself on this forum. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

On 6/13/2024 at 10:33 AM, valentine said:

I agree with this and I find that today there is many more great options than there was 20 years ago! The cheap stuff used to suck and break right away. Now spinning reels in the 50-$100 dollar range are capable of landing big fish if you care for them properly and know their limitations. The same goes for rods, quality has gone up and for under $100 you can find something that does what it needs to do. Materials and engineering have come a long way. I don’t make a lot of money but all my stuff is quality and expensive. I saved up and slowly built up an arsenal, but I definitely don’t need it to catch fish. 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just gotta say this LITTMA surf rod is the real deal. Took it out for a spin and paired it with some juicy shrimp bait down at the pier. Casted like a dream and before I knew it, reeled in a monster red drum! The rod felt solid and gave me the confidence to wrangle that bad boy in. Can’t wait to hit the waves again. Happy fishing!

20240712162838.jpg

Edited by Superday