Rod holder on skin on frame kayak?

Is it for fishing/ trolling or just transport? For traditional kayaks there are some seat back options too.

IMG_4597.jpeg

IMG_4598.jpeg

Edited by cheech

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Posted (edited)

Much appreciating all the comments.

I was looking for the fishing/trolling options...
There certainly are few options out there it seems.

Got this skin on frame touring type just for kayaking but had a thought on fishing on it.

Its great for carrying around and going for kayaking but may need some thoughts for fishing it seems....

Edited by Gundalba

5 mins ago, WLIStless said:

Maybe look at RS. They have a lot of stuff designed for attaching to the sides of inflatables. Looks super well made, but pricey.  

RS?
I am looking for a secure way to hold on to the frame under the skin, I think....

Does it have a seat or back band? I had a rod tube lashed to the back of my seat on a WS touring kayak for trolling.

One method is to tie/lash on a strip of starboard or white cutting board etc. across the beam, then attach a rod holder to that.

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

1 min ago, cheech said:

Does it have a seat or back band? I had a rod tube lashed to the back of my seat on a WS touring kayak for trolling.

One method is to tie/lash on a strip of starboard or white cutting board etc. across the beam, then attach a rod holder to that.

I use spray skirt.

Its not a must but like to keep it that way.
Thanks for the suggestion though!

Sorry I meant NRS, not RS (that's a sailboat/accessory company). NRS makes framed inflatable fishing kayaks/rafts for white water. But that's probably not the type of frame you're referring to now that I think about it. 

In either event companies like **********/scotty make adhesive type mount plates for rod holders. Similarly, NRS makes reinforcement patches for their inflatables. Also look at oru. They make a foldable kayak so they have a unique rod holder system that might work. I've also seen things that strap all the way around a float/kayak with a rod holder on top; those are on amazon.

5 mins ago, WLIStless said:

Sorry I meant NRS, not RS (that's a sailboat/accessory company). NRS makes framed inflatable fishing kayaks/rafts for white water. But that's probably not the type of frame you're referring to now that I think about it. 

In either event companies like **********/scotty make adhesive type mount plates for rod holders. Similarly, NRS makes reinforcement patches for their inflatables. Also look at oru. They make a foldable kayak so they have a unique rod holder system that might work. I've also seen things that strap all the way around a float/kayak with a rod holder on top; those are on amazon.

Good to know. Will look into it. Thanks.