June New Moon is Here

Rate this topic

I had a couple very productive outings on Friday night and Saturday night out front. Landed 4 on Friday night and lost several others, biggest came in at 41 inches with the others in the low 30's (my first ever over 40 from shore FINALLY!!!). Saturday rolls around and I was eager to get back out there. It started hot just before dark and continued for a good 2 hours. My first cast with the redfin got blown up on 4 times so I knew it was going to be one of those nights. 

After landing 6 fish in the first hour minutes, one of which was a tagged fish (very cool) I reach for my pliers and they had fallen out of my bag into the surf, gone. I decided throwing treble hooks was no longer feasible in the dark with surf conditions the way they were. Started throwing the GT eel around and the bite continued. The last fish of the night I landed came in at 43 inches and was the best fight I have ever had. He even busted the drag clicker on my reel and I fought him on a silent drag for 6 or 7 minutes. 

A memorable few nights at a spot that produced similarly last year this exact week as well. 

9 hours ago, 7StripesME said:

I had a couple very productive outings on Friday night and Saturday night out front. Landed 4 on Friday night and lost several others, biggest came in at 41 inches with the others in the low 30's (my first ever over 40 from shore FINALLY!!!). Saturday rolls around and I was eager to get back out there. It started hot just before dark and continued for a good 2 hours. My first cast with the redfin got blown up on 4 times so I knew it was going to be one of those nights. 

After landing 6 fish in the first hour minutes, one of which was a tagged fish (very cool) I reach for my pliers and they had fallen out of my bag into the surf, gone. I decided throwing treble hooks was no longer feasible in the dark with surf conditions the way they were. Started throwing the GT eel around and the bite continued. The last fish of the night I landed came in at 43 inches and was the best fight I have ever had. He even busted the drag clicker on my reel and I fought him on a silent drag for 6 or 7 minutes. 

A memorable few nights at a spot that produced similarly last year this exact week as well. 

awesome

beats my schoolies at the local river for sure. LOL

RIP Innis - April 9th 2012 - you always be in my heart. :)

18 hours ago, 7StripesME said:

Sounds like a great night.  Heading out shortly myself.

54 mins ago, MartyK said:

I agree.    Second skunk in a row this AM.   One good day late in May (4), and zero to one after.   

I've got 7 fish under my belt right now.  Was going to try a place that I haven't been to in 2 seasons, but decided to go back to the same place I've been going to.  Should've followed through with the original plan.  Not sure if it would've made a difference anyway...