June New Moon is Here

Rate this topic

Picked up 6 this morning at a river mouth in Southern ME. The fish were some fired up! The slack low was about 35 mins late likely due to the big new moon tide. 7 inch redfin was the ticket. Biggest was 29, hoping tonight brings some bigger fish! 

Good luck all this weekend! 

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Based in Southern Maine. Glad to hear I’m not the only one. Fished the entire incoming tide Friday night at a river mouth. Fantastic water movement, “good” weather (aka overcast and occasional drizzle), and absolutely nothing.

I did get spooked by a seal though, so maybe they were avoiding the area because of him? 

Damn, guess I'm not too mad I wasn't able to get out this weekend. Last weekend I got on a nice bite in the early morning, but the weekend before that I got totally skunked, which would have been a similar tide to the past coupe of days. Morning low tides haven't been great for me this time of year where I typically fish. 

9 hours ago, DepthFinder said:

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Based in Southern Maine. Glad to hear I’m not the only one. Fished the entire incoming tide Friday night at a river mouth. Fantastic water movement, “good” weather (aka overcast and occasional drizzle), and absolutely nothing.

I did get spooked by a seal though, so maybe they were avoiding the area because of him? 

I wish I had answers for myself too. I could not find a group doing the rest thing at night this past weekend. I covered an absolute **** ton of water too. 8x what I normally do.

Rolling with the punched. Less bass numbers sure, bass gulping pogys from first light till 7am every couple of days. Like many here I prefer to find bass scrounging and foraging at night inshore. Get a few and go home. Cutting down trips to 2-3 hours. Trying to do that at night the last couple of years has been harder to find. I just don't have the time anymore, dedication or patience to fish 6-8 hours looking for bass. I'm fat and ****ing lazy now.....the night bite will come again. Just need some resident bass...oh wait....have to battle comms and grey seals too. 

Fished sunrise Saturday. 

Had the typical first cast fish then nada, besides a couple swirls from following fish and one blow up - swing n’ miss. I’ve been fishing crushed barbs and single treble hooks on top water baits lately, trying to do my part to save what little of the fishery we have left. 

The Black Flag comes in many colorsM. Malice