This man needs to live on Cape Cod

Rate this topic

3 mins ago, codfish said:

It's a struggle at my ramp:laugh:

447974031_10161390746532453_3022782099960414530_n.jpg

When we lived in Key West we'd grab a beer and go watch the idjits back their boats at the public ramp.  Hilarity ensued.  Our quarters were right on the water; we had our own dock and boat ramp.  The channel from the local Marina ran right off our dock and out under the bridge connecting the SF Dive school to the mainland.  I cannot tell you how many boats in the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars we watched get their engines torn off when they tried to shoot off across the coral despite all the warning signs.  Its was hilarious - especially the "jersey shore" idiots showing up in a half million dollar boat.  They'd come roaring down the channel (no wake, manatee zone) and cut off to the west right into the coral.  Engine gets ripped off.  There.  done. Fini.  Kaput.  

We plan to get a boat someday soon.

I also plan to spend significant time at my local ramp on off days launching it.
I've been with my buddys and made fun of people far too often to become one of them.

Ramps like the public ramp in Barnstable do tend to weed out the weak.   There's no room for error there.

DITCH TROLL

27 mins ago, pogie_boy said:

We plan to get a boat someday soon.

I also plan to spend significant time at my local ramp on off days launching it.
I've been with my buddys and made fun of people far too often to become one of them.

Ramps like the public ramp in Barnstable do tend to weed out the weak.   There's no room for error there.

Church or mall parking lots are good also

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

10 mins ago, PencilPopperPete said:

I wish they would build a senior living residence with a big deck overlooking a public boat ramp.

itwouldbe fun sitting with the other old farts and watching the show.

There are numerous youtu.be channels that show nothing but boat ramp shenanigans. Seems like most ramps in southern Florida all have resident youtubers who just sit there all day a film at the boat ramp.

Wellfleet ramp is a great one to sit and watch.Did it for many years while having lunch.Actually back in the early 2000s I had to use the boom on my bucket truck to lift the bow of a 22' center console up so the knucklehead could back the trailer back under it.He forgot to lock the winch and drove up the ramp.The boat rolled off onto the concrete.:dismay:Classic!!!!! 

5 hours ago, mikez2 said:

There are numerous youtu.be channels that show nothing but boat ramp shenanigans. Seems like most ramps in southern Florida all have resident youtubers who just sit there all day a film at the boat ramp.

I check Miami Boat Ramps for new content every day. They post 3-4 times a week and it's usually hilarious.

Massachusetts EPO:

1-800-632-8075

4 hours ago, theshadow said:

Wellfleet ramp is a great one to sit and watch.Did it for many years while having lunch.Actually back in the early 2000s I had to use the boom on my bucket truck to lift the bow of a 22' center console up so the knucklehead could back the trailer back under it.He forgot to lock the winch and drove up the ramp.The boat rolled off onto the concrete.:dismay:Classic!!!!! 

That is one steep ramp:eek:

1.  hike up in your seat and TURN AROUND.  look with your eyes while you back up.  no mirrors.  no cameras.

98 % of ramp comedy comes from someone trying to “drive by cameras”.

2.  move slow.  its easy to see what’s happening and correct if need be if you’re moving slow in the first place.

most guys that need several attempts its cuz they moved too fast and got too off line before they could correct.

Edited by nicknotsebastian

1 hour ago, nicknotsebastian said:

1.  hike up in your seat and TURN AROUND.  look with your eyes while you back up.  no mirrors.  no cameras.

98 % of ramp comedy comes from someone trying to “drive by cameras”.

2.  move slow.  its easy to see what’s happening and correct if need be if you’re moving slow in the first place.

most guys that need several attempts its cuz they moved too fast and got too off line before they could correct.

Some just comes from experience. It always seems easy for someone who has done it for years.

I'll neve forget going out with a guy I met in a forum. We launched his boat and he says to me, "take my truck and go back the trailer into a space".

I had never backed up anything more difficult than a station wagon in my life. He finally had to come rescue me. He was angry and criticized me for not being able to back a boat trailer. 

That was our only trip together. 

Edited by mikez2