Jump to content

New Bedford

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

"The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center is expanding its presence on the city’s waterfront, striking three separate deals for a total of $10 million to acquire real estate formerly owned by major seafood companies and inking a long-term lease with offshore wind developer SouthCoast Wind."

 

Looks like the new spot for BSB:eek: when they are in place
 

447954076_872821691529578_3739430420703511616_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, codfish said:

"The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center is expanding its presence on the city’s waterfront, striking three separate deals for a total of $10 million to acquire real estate formerly owned by major seafood companies and inking a long-term lease with offshore wind developer SouthCoast Wind."

 

Looks like the new spot for BSB:eek: when they are in place
 

447954076_872821691529578_3739430420703511616_n.jpg

You are gonna go 13 miles offshore for 4 black seabass when the bounty hunter out of fairhaven is barely leaving the harbor and 30 people are getting there 4 fish limit no problem.  All for the industrialization of the ocean for a power plant that will fail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FoulHooker said:

You are gonna go 13 miles offshore for 4 black seabass when the bounty hunter out of fairhaven is barely leaving the harbor and 30 people are getting there 4 fish limit no problem.  All for the industrialization of the ocean for a power plant that will fail.

Fair point:th: we will have to see what these structures do for sea life:eek:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not sure the Bounty Hunter has gotten a full boat limit of sea bass all year. It’s been a rough year for sea bass, continuing a trend over the last few years of often needing to work for a limit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

If they let us anywhere near them.

People already fish right up next to the ones off block island. Quite successfully if the reports are true.

 

From Fishermen Magazine, August 2022 by Capt. Tony DiLernia

 

"Get as close to the foundation as possible,” I instructed Captain Steve as we approached wind turbine number five,..."

 

"Expertly positioning the stern about 30 yards away from the steel legs that made up the foundation of the turbine, Captain Steve shouted out of the wheelhouse door “Let ‘em go”, and six rigs, pulled by 10-ounce sinkers were free spooled to the bottom..."

 

"...as soon as we got downtide of the foundation and if on que, shouts of “fish on” were heard across the stern as everyone raced to be the first to have a fish on deck."

 

"Everyone had fish on—the bite was incredible—as soon as you hit bottom you had a bite! Each drift past the foundation would produce, porgies, sea bass and fluke."

 

Michael Caruso Photo.

20220821-bloack-island-wind-farm-main.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 mins ago, mikez2 said:

People already fish right up next to the ones off block island. Quite successfully if the reports are true.

 

From Fishermen Magazine, August 2022 by Capt. Tony DiLernia

 

"Get as close to the foundation as possible,” I instructed Captain Steve as we approached wind turbine number five,..."

 

"Expertly positioning the stern about 30 yards away from the steel legs that made up the foundation of the turbine, Captain Steve shouted out of the wheelhouse door “Let ‘em go”, and six rigs, pulled by 10-ounce sinkers were free spooled to the bottom..."

 

"...as soon as we got downtide of the foundation and if on que, shouts of “fish on” were heard across the stern as everyone raced to be the first to have a fish on deck."

 

"Everyone had fish on—the bite was incredible—as soon as you hit bottom you had a bite! Each drift past the foundation would produce, porgies, sea bass and fluke."

 

Michael Caruso Photo.

20220821-bloack-island-wind-farm-main.jpg

Catch those 2 miles off the beach in the sound and buzzards bay why go 12 miles for 4 black sea bass.  FYI they were there before the turbines because of the hard bottom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...