CTS S7 13 ft.

Rate this topic

Hi, guys. Can any of you recommend or at least identify some custom rod makers who currently build on CTS blanks?  I'm considering having an S7 SV06 built to pair up with a size 30000 spinner. The intended use is sturgeon fishing in large rivers. I already have several nice conventional setups. This is just a fun project. A different approach.

RH Custom Rods no longer lists CTS on their website. Nick's at Cape Hatteras is done building until September. I'm not in a major hurry, but if I decide to pull the trigger it would be nice to have the option to order before Fall.

Any advise would be appreciated.

On 6/2/2024 at 9:25 PM, Pendulauncher said:

Hi, guys. Can any of you recommend or at least identify some custom rod makers who currently build on CTS blanks?  I'm considering having an S7 SV06 built to pair up with a size 30000 spinner. The intended use is sturgeon fishing in large rivers. I already have several nice conventional setups. This is just a fun project. A different approach.

RH Custom Rods no longer lists CTS on their website. Nick's at Cape Hatteras is done building until September. I'm not in a major hurry, but if I decide to pull the trigger it would be nice to have the option to order before Fall.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Not sure on those but you might want to also consider Century Surf Machine Max or Drum Gun.

Both great options. I've built a number of both for guys fishing sturgeon. 

Thanks, Mike. I'm not sure about the Drum Gun, but if memory serves me the Surf Machine Max is too similar to other rods I own in that the action is faster than I want for this build.  I settled on CTS's S7 because that product family loads well into the blank.  I'll have to hit Century's website and do some reading.

I also need a blank that casts 10+bait very well.  The SV05 is rated to 10 oz., while the SV06 is rated to 12 oz. I'm anxious to learn whether or not those ratings are accurate.

What region do they guys buying your sturgeon rods live in?

I probably should've posted this in th Main Forum, since this isn't really about maximum distance.

• 1 month later...