Delmarva Fishin' Reports - June 2024

Rate this topic

25 mins ago, DerrickT said:

I've never done well on the incoming that I can remember and when I use to fish from the bridge the outgoing was always hot between the bars infront of the bridge and the eddy's coming off the bridge supports.  West side of the bridge I couldn't catch a cold

The problem with an outgoing tide this time of year is all the crap in the water and having to clean your line every 2 minutes. I did hit a school of finger mullet at the dock and got 50 for the freezer for use later.

"The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before,
the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat."
Jacques Cousteau

Just got back from A.I.Md, started fishing about 6 am till 11 am. Man I got the big skunk. But the new Jeep Glad was great on the sand. Rides a lot nicer than the old Liberty. THings got like 11" or 12" gc. Love it. But packing all the gear in a 5' bed took some doing. Tight lines

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

41 mins ago, hunter123 said:

Just got back from A.I.Md, started fishing about 6 am till 11 am. Man I got the big skunk. But the new Jeep Glad was great on the sand. Rides a lot nicer than the old Liberty. THings got like 11" or 12" gc. Love it. But packing all the gear in a 5' bed took some doing. Tight lines

Did you get a rack for the front?   

2 hours ago, hunter123 said:

But packing all the gear in a 5' bed took some doing.

That is a pain in the ass. We have to put some in the boat when we head to NC. We're thinking about getting a soft cap for the Tacoma. Have you considered a hitch rack for the back?

Jacques Cousteau

1 hour ago, ReeferRob said:

That is a pain in the ass. We have to put some in the boat when we head to NC. We're thinking about getting a soft cap for the Tacoma. Have you considered a hitch rack for the back?

Not till I  buy the lease out. I had a rack on the other truck.

38 mins ago, hunter123 said:

Not till I  buy the lease out. I had a rack on the other truck.

Doesn't it have a trailer hitch you can use?  

Hell I have one I'd give you.  Would need a little finagling but would work.

Edited by Stryper Snyper

18 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Doesn't it have a trailer hitch you can use?  

Hell I have one I'd give you.  Would need a little finagling but would work.

I appreciate the offer. But I'm on a lease, it's good if I buy the lease out in the end, but if I turn it in they can charge you for any none dealer installs.  Typical dealer order, Freedom package with tons of options $54 k and some moron ordering didn't put a trailer hitch  on it.   But if I like it in 33 months , The buy out is like $27 k which is cheap for a 3 year old Gladiator and it's a trouble free truck , I'll buy it.  I'll make due, Were Americans , we can figure it out. Lol

Edited by hunter123

Oh, Just got back from the beach, New Gladiator did great in the sand at A.I.Md. Just have to get use to the extra power the new on has versus the older Jeep I had.  Now for the fishing report, I GOT SKUNKED, but it was great to be out there. After next week I'll be at O.C. MD for 2 months. Can't wait.

Edited by hunter123

Thanks guys. No better bait for Sheepshead, Tog or Black Seabass than shrimp heads. Snip the horn off and put it on a hook. I'm thinking late August and September for shrimp.

Jacques Cousteau

1 hour ago, cdsleeve said:

there's allways the shrimp boat :)

Unless they're selling it for $3/lb I got a guy for that. I usually buy it right off the boat in NC.

Jacques Cousteau