June 2024 Reports Thread

Rate this topic

35 mins ago, RiverCommando215 said:

I’m sorry I can’t see you over there in the peanut gallery!  Let me get off the winners podium so I can hear you better…

RC

Funny.  Im back baby

Out for the stormy bite this AM. Turned out the weather was nicer than I thought. Light SW, middle of incoming, clean cool water. Better surf action with a decent amount of white water and slight right to left sweep.

However, the fish didn’t agree. Had the first drift curse. 26” schoolie. Had 1 other hit soon after but I pulled the trigger too early and missed him. Other than a couple of fluke pulls that was it. 

Edited by DeeMonee

19 mins ago, DeeMonee said:

Out for the stormy bite this AM. Turned out the weather was nicer than I thought. Light SW, middle of incoming, clean cool water. Better surf action with a decent amount of white water and slight right to left sweep.

However, the fish didn’t agree. Had the first drift curse. 26” schoolie. Had 1 other hit soon after but I pulled the trigger too early and missed him. Other than a couple of fluke pulls that was it. 

The lightning bolts scared me off.  And yeah, a lot of nothing happened.  I should have gone.

On 6/3/2024 at 9:20 AM, DeeMonee said:

Beautiful AM, light westerly, beginning of outgoing, flat ocean, no current. Seems water cooled off again. Saw a fish cruising the lip early moving north. So I followed. Got hit soon after and landed a nice healthy 32”. Had  another skate and dropped another fish right after the pick up later in the outing.

IMG_2913.jpeg

The Commttee came back with a ruling on your obviously altered photo where you put pictures of two bass together, failing to match up the stripes. This is the second recorded infraction in your file and will result in a deduction of 3 fish from your 2024 total, thus putting you back in 2nd place behind @MC55. There was one vote in your favor, but the Committee person was inebriated during the roll call and his vote was nullified. 

4 hours ago, MC55 said:

Still seeing more blackfish than I have ever seen before.  Was out Tuesday evening and pulled in 4.  Yesterday morning I found another.  Just seems a bit odd.  Anyway, was out yesterday afternoon to see if there was any kind of daytime bite and on the first cast put a 27 incher on the sand.  As we all know, that was the kiss of death and didn't get another hit.  Went out this morning after the storms went by and water conditions improved with some surf finally rolling a bit.  At least enough to give some movement.  Finished the morning with 3 and couldn't put my hand on the 4th as it released and washed back into the suds.  All were stuffed with something, with the biggest at 30inches.  All on the bugs.

DSCF4475.JPG

June 6.jpg

Reminder that blackfish don't count! Please don't add them to your 2024 total.

Well I thought the week was going to end up productive. On the contrary, this week ended up…weak. 

Late report from yesterday evening. End of incoming, decent swell with a good amount of suds. Cool water, beautiful double rainbow over the ocean. Fluke taps and that’s it. Another angler that was flukin’ landed a schoolie on a gulp jerk shad. Nada for me.

Beautiful AM, middle of incoming, light westerly, plenty of suds, water remains cool and clean. Snagged a skate and a few taps. Skunk.

Well, that’s it for me. Out of town until next week. Catch em’ up Gang!

Edited by DeeMonee

Got out about 6pm fished NoMoCo with the incoming tideb jot and muggy evening. Water looked great, bug fishermen were catching as well as a  bucktail fisherman. Higher tide had me paying attention to the wash back making it difficult yo control the fly. Nice rainbow for sure. After my friend took a wave in the face we laughed them left.

Edited by saltyh2ofly

Some really nice water conditions out there this morning with a rolling surf and plenty of white water.  Water temp did drop a bit from yesterday but still should have been more productive than it was.  Did manage to put three on the sand but looking as fishy as it did, I would have bet they would have been more active.  Biggest of the bunch was 29 inches.

DSCF4483.JPG

DSCF4484.JPG