June 2024 Reports Thread

Rate this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

Pictures of Stripers are discouraged since they hinder a quick release and at times reveal a specific spot.

Do not direct viewers to any beach camera sites.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

Flat conditions this morning sure didn't look to inviting.  Water continues to warm and stay gin clear.  Started off getting one on with the bugs early but managed to do a self-release before it hit the sand.  Had a few other hits and drops but nothing really started for me until about 7am as the tide was dropping out getting a little more movement with the presentation.  Still finding more calicos than bugs so was tossing them too.  Finished up the morning with 3 at 26, 28, and 30 inches.  And a first for me was getting a big fat blackfish in the mix.  Also saw some bunker and what looked like small blues splashing around out of reach.  It does look like things are improving.

DSCF4467.JPG

3 mins ago, MC55 said:

Flat conditions this morning sure didn't look to inviting.  Water continues to warm and stay gin clear.  Started off getting one on with the bugs early but managed to do a self-release before it hit the sand.  Had a few other hits and drops but nothing really started for me until about 7am as the tide was dropping out getting a little more movement with the presentation.  Still finding more calicos than bugs so was tossing them too.  Finished up the morning with 3 at 26, 28, and 30 inches.  And a first for me was getting a big fat blackfish in the mix.  Also saw some bunker and what looked like small blues splashing around out of reach.  It does look like things are improving.

DSCF4467.JPG

And all is right in the world again :D

12 hours ago, bdowning said:

Will cnrs hit plugs or are they mostly bait caught or snagged?

I'm sure they might take a swipe at a smaller plug.  They definitely eat jigs but like others have said, alot of times youll get them in the wings.

Beautiful AM, light westerly, beginning of outgoing, flat ocean, no current. Seems water cooled off again. Saw a fish cruising the lip early moving north. So I followed. Got hit soon after and landed a nice healthy 32”. Had  another skate and dropped another fish right after the pick up later in the outing.

IMG_2913.jpeg

Edited by DeeMonee

I didn't see any dolphin this morning or yesterday.  I didn't see any bait either (other than bugs)

Managed to get a blue and a couple fluke today.  It was better for me last week with the north wind.

1 hour ago, DeeMonee said:

Beautiful AM, light westerly, beginning of outgoing, flat ocean, no current. Seems water cooled off again. Saw a fish cruising the lip early moving north. So I followed. Got hit soon after and landed a nice healthy 32”. Had  another skate and dropped another fish right after the pick up later in the outing.

IMG_2913.jpeg

Obviously photo shopped! You can see in the middle where the stripes don't line up. Two different fish! Nice try! This will be referred to the Committee for possible sanctions!!!