The end of the Hobie Revolutions?

I don't know how true this is, but someone on Reddit commented they heard 2024 is the last year for the Hobie Revolution lineup.

Does anyone have any information on this one way another?

Would not be surprised they consolidated a bit.  Have been in the 13 Revo for years and it's a nice mix of speed and enough stability to fish well.   The Pro angler is slow and the Outback not much better.   Texas Power Paddle screwed to the Rudder and a Lithium stand alone battery is a sweet combination for the Revo and it really moves shockingly fast.

That would suck!  I  think it is the best in their line for the serious fisherman.   Its faster than the Outback or PA, and lighter than the PA.   Its not for those that just want to bob around like a cork in a local pond.  But for those that spend time on the ocean or big water, it fits the bill perfectly.   it has good stability and you can cover ground if need be.  Its the perfect rig for albies for example.

The real question (for Hobie) is how many yakers really want, need, or care about that.

Edited by Jeff270

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

2 hours ago, Jeff270 said:

That would suck!  I  think it is the best in their line for the serious fisherman.   Its faster than the Outback or PA, and lighter than the PA.   Its not for those that just want to bob around like a cork in a local pond.  But for those that spend time on the ocean or big water, it fits the bill perfectly.   it has good stability and you can cover ground if need be.  Its the perfect rig for albies for example.

The real question (for Hobie) is how many yakers really want, need, or care about that.

I agree with you. I have been a revo guy since 2008. Best craft for salt IMO

That would suck but wouldn’t completely surprise me. When’s the last time it got any meaningful update? Since I bought my 2018 Revo 13 I think kick-up fins on the drive have been the only change with newer models. And yet, it’s had a huge price increase over that time. The Outback did as well but at least got a redesign with lots of new features (for better or worse).

I was the one who posted on Reddit, but I did talk to my dealer again yesterday. He reconfirmed that both the revo 11 and 13 will not move forward after 2024.

Nobody buys them. We're right on the Atlantic in South Florida and they still have 2021s sitting on the showroom floor.

1 hour ago, RWP said:

I was the one who posted on Reddit, but I did talk to my dealer again yesterday. He reconfirmed that both the revo 11 and 13 will not move forward after 2024.

Nobody buys them. We're right on the Atlantic in South Florida and they still have 2021s sitting on the showroom floor.

Hobie allowed the design to stagnate. A $3400 kayak with no built-in gear tracks? No turbo fins, no option for larger storage hatches? We know some of these things are relatively simple to add, but someone buying for the first time probably doesn’t to deal with all of that or pay the dealer even more to add them. People want bells and whistles, and the Outback offers them for a bit more money. But, it’s heavier, wider, less sleek in the water, etc. 

The 28.5 width scares off the barge minded masses, it’s too much like a traditional tippy kayak.
Hobie, shrink it to 13’, narrow the waist a few inches and shave 10 lbs. off the hull.

Tis better to remain silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Pretty much agree with all the comments.   We've owned at least 6 different Revo's over the years.  My son has had two 16's.  We currently have a 16 and two 13's.  The problem as Riddler stated is that the "average" guy buying a yak is using it in a millpond or something similar.  He wants the stability of a barge, and everything else is a distant second.   The percentage of guys who chase stripers or albies in less than flat calm conditions is small.    I also agree with the comments around the line stagnating.  I would have bought a new Revo if they had done some upgrades.   Make the center hatch square so it can store multiple boxes.  Work on the bow hatch to make it dryer.   How about built in rails for mounting  FFs and rod holders.  Improve the transponder mount so its more compatible with side scan.  Include the sailing rudder and turbo fins as standard.

Hopefully some other manufacturer does a case study on this and comes up with a quality replacement.  There is going to be a big hole in the market where the Revo was king.

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

I really hope they are going to revamp that part of the lineup. Its such a great hull shape, but the cockpit is at least 10 years out of date. It also has little provision for accessorie$$$ that can be sold for it.

Not too confident though. Hobie was bought in 2022 because they were strapped. Then, I heard that the first generation PA14 360 decimated their financials due to warranty claims. They have had to concurrently pay for that and redesign it as it's their flagship offering. In the meantime their competitors went all out designing new product. So old town, navar, et al can rightfully claim they sell a top of the line 12-14 ft fishing kayak/freight hauler. Meaning Hobie sells less of their most profitable yaks due to competition. Kind forced to consolidate I guess.