Bump into Tedy Bruschi and I didn't realize

Rate this topic

Fishing a few days ago bump into a gentleman at the boat ramp launching his Kayak. After I parked I saw his accessary light was still on and shouted out to him while he was already on the way about it. He turned back around and thank me. Then we went on our merry way.

Sitting here today realize he was the former football player Tedy and I didn't realized it at the time. Saw a clip on youtube video from OTW about him catching a striper confirmed it was him. 

Anyone bump into him fishing canal lately? I knew a few years back someone posted a photo of him holding up a big one.

17 mins ago, foxfai said:

Fishing a few days ago bump into a gentleman at the boat ramp launching his Kayak. After I parked I saw his accessary light was still on and shouted out to him while he was already on the way about it. He turned back around and thank me. Then we went on our merry way.

Sitting here today realize he was the former football player Tedy and I didn't realized it at the time. Saw a clip on youtube video from OTW about him catching a striper confirmed it was him. 

Anyone bump into him fishing canal lately? I knew a few years back someone posted a photo of him holding up a big one.

His son looks just like him.

The Sultan of Sluggo

17 mins ago, Running Ape said:

Not recognizing celebrities is a positive trait in my opinion.

And I am sure they appreciate it.  Many of us fish in order to escape a bit from everyday life and responsibilities.  Im sure it is no different whether you are an accountant, carpenter, or HOF linebacker in that regard.   

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

1 hour ago, Jeff270 said:

And I am sure they appreciate it.  Many of us fish in order to escape a bit from everyday life and responsibilities.  Im sure it is no different whether you are an accountant, carpenter, or HOF linebacker in that regard.   

I've heard he frequents a fairly popular area on the canal. I don't know if it is true or not. He definitely was not there when I was there Friday morning. But neither were the fish.

He's got to be one of our most recognizable sports celebrities. I can't imagine he'd be too worried about it if he chooses to fish places like that. 

Of course that's not a reason to pester him when he's trying to have some peace and quiet. 

I'd love it if he came down and fished next to me where I could talk with him, but I would never approach him or ask for autographs or whatever.