Fly rod give away

Rate this topic

HL

Very nice of you!

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

A generous offer. I will pass - like yourself, I am very much aware of Time's winged arrow flying by.

Hey Brian

I remember the first time we met - at one of Mike Oliver's TH casting "clinics".

I think it was at Brewster flats.  Had to be 15 yrs ago.

Oh to be "young again" - Oh to be 70 again.

Herb

Edited by HL

Hi Herb, nice offer for someone. I am too old for new rods myself (74). I met you once I am guessing about 20 to 25 years ago at race point. You told me about SOL. I have been a follower since then even though I just joined this year. I was trying a two handed rod that season. Despite its advantages in the surf it wasn't my cup of tea. Enjoy reading your posts.

Hi Daniel,

Yes - Race Point was my favorite beach to fish.

Were you fishing about an 11' - 12' TH rod at the time.

Have  you been there recently/ stormes ruiened it last 2 yrs. 

I was supposed to be there June 3 - 17.  But my wife had a seveve Sciatica attack - probably as a side effect of a medication.

Hope to be there in the fall.

Herb

Herb:

Generous offer.  But best it go to newbie who could use it at his/her stage of life.  80 yo this year and my wife would invariably say,  "You need a 16th fly rod why?"

I luckily still use mine, even tho I still have only 2 hands and sometimes they are on one rod!  Stay well.

FR

You guys are doing well to get into your later years. I am 72 but don't feel like that yet. Hard to take on board it was such a long time ago that I ran those TH clinics on Brewsters flats at Saints Landing. Herb helped me out on some of them. They were fun. Bob used to bring coffee and doughnuts. I recall the crack in the car park as we rigged up. Very happy memories. I made some lasting friendships. Very generous of you Herb to give this rod away. I hope whoever receives it will cherish it.

Lovely rod to fish and own. Great for the NE Coast Stripers.

Mike

Dan great that you joined up to Sol. These chance meetings are so priceless and enhance our lives so much. I have met so many incredible people on my fishing journeys in the USA. Sometimes only for a short while but the connection was wonderful. I have made a few on Sol to. It is an amazing platform.

I am finally starting to mellow and not before time. I can't figure now why I was like I was. 

Mike

4 hours ago, Mike Oliver said:

Dan great that you joined up to Sol. These chance meetings are so priceless and enhance our lives so much. I have met so many incredible people on my fishing journeys in the USA. Sometimes only for a short while but the connection was wonderful. I have made a few on Sol to. It is an amazing platform.

I am finally starting to mellow and not before time. I can't figure now why I was like I was. 

Mike

Mike

How was you??

Herb