Any recommendation on a budget friendly/quality tire inflator

Rate this topic

Chang1119

Hello everyone. I finally got my truck and the long island state park 4x4 permit for this year so I can finally enjoy driving and fishing on a beach.

Normally I go to robert moses because it's closer to me and it has air station at the entrance. Now I'm looking for a quality/budget friendly air compressor cuz I realized there are more beach without air station to explore. I'm looking at some youtube videos and found air compressor from $50 to $500(which is insane). Wondering if you guys can give me some recommendations on a air inflator. My budget is around $100-200 and I think there should be some quality stuff that fits my budget. Thank you! 

3 hours ago, Chang1119 said:

Hello everyone. I finally got my truck and the long island state park 4x4 permit for this year so I can finally enjoy driving and fishing on a beach.

Normally I go to robert moses because it's closer to me and it has air station at the entrance. Now I'm looking for a quality/budget friendly air compressor cuz I realized there are more beach without air station to explore. I'm looking at some youtube videos and found air compressor from $50 to $500(which is insane). Wondering if you guys can give me some recommendations on a air inflator. My budget is around $100-200 and I think there should be some quality stuff that fits my budget. Thank you! 

Green slime,they have several models,I have 2,the first one will pump up to 300psi but it is getting old.

I use it to pump up/adjust my air bags,the second one isa 50 psi max and cost was 32 bucks at advance auto.

They have like 6 different models.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

14 hours ago, theshadow said:

I use a Vi-air portatable I think it was $75.Works great on my 2016 F-250.

I will 2nd the Viair. I have used the Viair 88P for 4 years now and still going strong. 

Make sure to look at the duty cycle of the compressor and not just the inflate times or max pressure. Some compressors may sound fast, but if you have to rest the compressor 10-15 minutes between each tire, they actually end up being a lot slower. 

The Viair 88P has a duty rating of 25 minutes at 30psi. It can take all 4 (of my) tires from 12psi-35psi in one go. If you want 40+psi, this pump may be a bit underpowered, depending on your usage.

The Viair and others have cooling/radiator fins on the head to help cool the compressor. It gets HOT (good thing). When packing up immediately after your fill, make sure the air hose doesn't contact the fins (bad thing). I put mine in a medium plastic  ammo box with thick cardboard dividers to protect the box and hose.

On 5/25/2024 at 12:34 PM, wok167 said:

Thank you!.I just got the 88p from amazon like $75.Thank you

I will 2nd the Viair. I have used the Viair 88P for 4 years now and still going strong. 

Make sure to look at the duty cycle of the compressor and not just the inflate times or max pressure. Some compressors may sound fast, but if you have to rest the compressor 10-15 minutes between each tire, they actually end up being a lot slower. 

The Viair 88P has a duty rating of 25 minutes at 30psi. It can take all 4 (of my) tires from 12psi-35psi in one go. If you want 40+psi, this pump may be a bit underpowered, depending on your usage.

The Viair and others have cooling/radiator fins on the head to help cool the compressor. It gets HOT (good thing). When packing up immediately after your fill, make sure the air hose doesn't contact the fins (bad thing). I put mine in a medium plastic  ammo box with thick cardboard dividers to protect the box and hose.