Public piers?

Rate this topic

Dumb question  time. 

Does Long Island (preferably  south shore) have public piers?  

Something I can roll a cart and s wheelchair down and just fish. 

8 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Yea there’s plenty .. between queens and smiths point … Long Beach has two decent ones Jones has few , captree , smiths , theirs piers at all of them .. 

Thank u. 

Also Oak Beach, a couple of miles west of Captree.

I dont think it's limited to Town of Babylon residents.  Gives you access to Fire Island Inlet, and might produce some fluke.  I know that I've caught my share of fluke from a boat very close to the pier's location.

There's also a pier that provides access to the State Channel on the bay side, located at the Cedar Beach Marina, but I don't know what non-resident access to that pier might be, or whether there's a fee for parking there.

You might want to give the Town of Babylon a call to find out.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

Hey PS

Hit a Oak Beach pier.

On 5/24/2024 at 7:26 AM, CWitek said:

Also Oak Beach, a couple of miles west of Captree.

I think it is a state own, no residential parking sticker needed.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

@PSeggs

One more to mention

Visit TWA memorial center

while there you can fish Smith Point County park pier.

Edited by Popasilov

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

8 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Hey PS

Hit a Oak Beach pier.

I think it is a state own, no residential parking sticker needed.

Wasn't sure if it was state, county, or Town of Babylon

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

5 hours ago, CWitek said:

Wasn't sure if it was state, county, or Town of Babylon

I think its a state own parking lot. Ramps left and right are to private, residential streets.

- Henry Ford-

14 mins ago, Popasilov said:

I think its a state own parking lot. Ramps left and right are to private, residential streets.

Years ago, that property was owned by a big bar/restaurant that was big with the waterfront party crowd.  The owner was always clashing with the Town of Babylon, going so far as getting a truck with signs saying "Get out of Long Islane before it's too late" and driving it all over town. 

Eventually, he took his own advice.

Before leaving, he sold the property to a developer, who turned a quick profit by selling it to a government entity, which developed the park.  It may be state-owned, but I'm inclined to think that the owner is either Suffolk County or the town.

Days of OBI

- Henry Ford-

I remember seeing car shows on that parking lot during summers.

- Henry Ford-

Hit OBI a bunch back in the day.

One nite my buddy dove 3 of us there. 

Lost him in the crowd after a couple hrs. We went out to the parking lot and his car was gone. Thought he left us there. We started hitching down ocean pky with no takers long walk to his house in wantagh we were pissed he left us stranded.

Got to his house at sunrise after hrs of walking he pulls up in someone that gave him a ride stitches in his head said he went out to his car to get something and 2 guys came up behind him knocked him out and threw him in the trunk dumped him on the side of ocean pky.

Crazy.

**** the U.N.